I want to switch banks so I can have access to all my account info on my phone. Does anyone have any bad mobile experiences with a particular corp and are there any banks that have their own apps? Any advice on this would be helpful, thanks guys.
    01-03-09 10:08 PM
    I want to switch banks so I can have access to all my account info on my phone. Does anyone have any bad mobile experiences with a particular corp and are there any banks that have their own apps? Any advice on this would be helpful, thanks guys.
    What bank are you with now? I know that Chase bank has a mobile website that you can use or are you looking for an actual App? Citimobile has an app but they dont list the Storm as a compatible device yet and I havent tried just dl one for a different bb to try it (thats who I bank with).
    01-03-09 10:13 PM
    i dont have a bad but really good bank for this....Bank of america has an app spec. made for blackberry go their website and it gives you the link great app!!!
    01-03-09 10:20 PM
    Yeah bank of america is good. Plus they are all around the country. I also have banknorth, mostly in the northeast. Their online banking site works perfect as long as the browser isn't set to BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 10:23 PM
    I am currently with Wachovia and I live in SC. Bank of America is easily accessible in my area. I'm not necessarily looking for the app, just ease of use. Thanks for the advice so far.
    I'd like to find a good app for personal budget/billpay schedule, stuff like that if anyone uses a good one let me know.
    Last edited by BBSchase373; 01-03-09 at 10:39 PM.
    01-03-09 10:35 PM
    Now this is a crackberry addict. Switching banks just so you can use their site on your phone. I tip my hat to you sir.
    01-03-09 10:40 PM
    Haha rip that's what i was thinking when I posted this but honestly I was planning on switching banks before i got the bb!
    01-03-09 10:41 PM
    Pageonce is a great utility but, you can only check your balances. One good thing is it has a huge database with all kinds of various accounts. Check it out from your PC.

01-03-09 10:45 PM
    I wish HSBC would give their US users a mobile site... The only one I could find was French!

01-03-09 11:00 PM
    Regions Bank has a pretty good one and I think they have branches in your area. You can see your balances, pay bills and make transfers all from their own mobile app. I am not sure about budgeting and stuff though.
    01-03-09 11:16 PM
    If you like Pageonce, you'll like Yodlee Mobile. Same thing (basically) for free.

SplashMoney will give you online, syncable access to some major banks.

01-03-09 11:31 PM
    i dont have a bad but really good bank for this....Bank of america has an app spec. made for blackberry go their website and it gives you the link great app!!!
    Have you been able to load the BOA app on your Storm? Every time I have attempted to download, I get a message telling me my device isn't a BlackBerry. Tried contacting BOA tech support and they were of no help what so ever. Told me I needed to contact my service provider to correct the problem.

Ron Bernier
    Woonsocket, RI
    01-04-09 09:17 AM
    ***Full disclosure - I work for Chase and love my storm ***

Chase recently created a completely new mobile site. It has the look and feel of the full site so there isn't a big learning curve. Not only can you view transaction history for any deposit accounts and credit cards, you can also transfer funds instantly and pay bills. As a security feature you cannot add new payee's for the online bill pay on the mobile site in case your phone was lost or stolen.

It is not an app, just a mobile site. However, a launcher has been created for the site that has the Chase logo. With Chase's acquisition of WaMu, the branch footprint has been drastically increased, especially out west and in the southeastern U.S. All WaMu branches and ATM's are being converted in waves this year and should be completed by 4Q '09.
    01-04-09 09:36 AM
    Just checked out the chase mobile site. Very cool and easy to navigate.
    01-04-09 01:40 PM
    Yeah bank of america is good. Plus they are all around the country. I also have banknorth, mostly in the northeast. Their online banking site works perfect as long as the browser isn't set to BB

I have not been able to use the BOA site - i get a message "for security reasons your device cannot access Mobile Banking"

does changing my browser make a difference?

Thanks
    Katie
    01-04-09 01:46 PM
    i use Bank Of America. They are great i have the launcher to the mobile site where you can review your account details, pay bills, transfer money.

i also have sms (or email) alerts set up for certain things. Such as: direct payment posted, account balance, credit sale made without card (ie online purchase). As well as alerts if my card is used over a certain amount.

i also have 2 credit cards through BOA and i can access those on my phone as well.

i've had several banks since i was 18 and BOA is by far the best. It's also nationwide (or in a lot of places) and easy to find a BOA ATM.

Now, i have the curve and so i'm not sure if the launcher works with storm yet.

01-04-09 01:54 PM
    Yah, BoA seems to be the best option for me because Chase doesn't have any branches around my area I'll probably swing by there tomorrow and talk with them. Thanks for all your help guys! I would suggest keep posting your experiences of BB banking on this thread, as I am sure I'm not the only one with questions.
    01-04-09 02:15 PM
    to anyone that uses TD banknorth, i live in the northeast and have them as a bank and i am having the hardest time getting their page to load on my storm. i get to the "region" page and select my state, and then i cannot go further, the "go" button does not work, and neither does hitting enter w/ the keyboard for example. i have the browser set to IE so i am not sure what i can try next to get it to work

thanks
    02-10-09 12:46 PM
    I use BoA and the mobile site is awesome.
    02-10-09 12:50 PM
    I agree. Love it.

02-10-09 01:07 PM
    I use Regions Bank for my banking and I use CitiCards as my credit card provider.

I have had no trouble with either, when using the mobile banking app. Both are very easy to setup and use.
    02-10-09 01:14 PM
    I use the banking app available through VZW and, I have not had any problems with it. You can do transfers, pay bills and set-up e-bill pays... Works great!
    02-10-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD