Hello,
    I am new user of BB Storm (and any kind of BB). I just got my Storm less then one week. So far, the only trouble I got is:
    For the last 2 days, mine kept restarting itself (1 time yesterday, 2 times today). It was hard restart (I think) which means the screen flashed for a sec, then it did slow restart (vs. when I turned off and on Power button) with a tiny little blue bar on the bottom of the screen slowly growed/moved from left to right (similar to the greybar on Microsoft Windows when it starts). Isnt that weird? I checked all option and saw I did not set auto on/off at all. How do I fix this problem. It bugs me big time.

Btw, I am using .75 OS version.

Other question with Verizon is: I am using then Email and Web plan($29.99 vs unlimited data plan $44.99). When I download attachment from email, will I be charged for using data. I do not want to play $1.99 for each MB. I received a ton of company emails (web-based) with files.
    Thanks a lot.
    02-21-09 10:02 PM
    Your random restart problem unfortunately is very common with the Storm. With that said, upgrading your OS will not only improve that situation but also provide other benefits as well. Hop into the beta/os forum and read up before you jump into anything.

As for the second question, downloading uses data.

Best of luck...
    02-21-09 10:08 PM
    Have you installed anything lately? If it keeps doing that, get a replacement. Definetely not normal.

Your 29.99 plan is unlimited as well, its the BIS plan as oppose to the 44.99 BES plan. If your email is web based you are fine.
    02-21-09 10:13 PM
    Hello,
    I am new user of BB Storm (and any kind of BB). I just got my Storm less then one week. So far, the only trouble I got is:
    For the last 2 days, mine kept restarting itself (1 time yesterday, 2 times today). It was hard restart (I think) which means the screen flashed for a sec, then it did slow restart (vs. when I turned off and on Power button) with a tiny little blue bar on the bottom of the screen slowly growed/moved from left to right (similar to the greybar on Microsoft Windows when it starts). Isnt that weird? I checked all option and saw I did not set auto on/off at all. How do I fix this problem. It bugs me big time.

Btw, I am using .75 OS version.

Other question with Verizon is: I am using then Email and Web plan($29.99 vs unlimited data plan $44.99). When I download attachment from email, will I be charged for using data. I do not want to play $1.99 for each MB. I received a ton of company emails (web-based) with files.
    Thanks a lot.
    mine does the same thing it is so aggravating. it always seems to happen at the worst of times!!!
    02-21-09 10:18 PM
    Thank you Morganizer and Pricej636 for your quick reply.
    No, I did not installed anything at all since I got my phone.
    According to Pricej636, $29.99 is unlimited data plan? What is the different between BIS and BES?
    Thanks again.
    02-21-09 10:18 PM
    What is the different between BIS and BES?
    Thanks again.
    BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service which is what you need unless you are using a BES for your email.
    02-21-09 10:20 PM
    damn, my phone is starting now (3rd time today).
    02-21-09 10:26 PM
    Thank you Morganizer and Pricej636 for your quick reply.
    No, I did not installed anything at all since I got my phone.
    According to Pricej636, $29.99 is unlimited data plan? What is the different between BIS and BES?
    Thanks again.
    BIS means BlackBerry Internet Service. This is like having the internet from a provider on your phone with little to no restrictions. This is public email (hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail, etc) and email service provided by your respective carrier (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Rogers, etc). All contacts, appointments and tasks are done from DM.

BES means BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This is like having the internet on your phone and you are restricted only by the company. This is email service provided by a company that runs from their servers. This would be email from your employer. All contacts, appointments and tasks are done from the company server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 02-21-09 at 11:15 PM.
    02-21-09 11:10 PM
    Yeah you're fine on the 29.99 plan. That's what I have. It's unlimited.
    02-21-09 11:12 PM
    Yeah you're fine on the 29.99 plan. That's what I have. It's unlimited.
    Zazzified, could you please elaborate more about "unlimited" part? Does it mean I can download applications to my BB without worrying about paying for data usage? or just "unlimited" download to attachments from the email.
    Thanks alot.
    Men, oh, men, this forum is so educational :-)
    02-21-09 11:29 PM
    It means "unlimited" data usage from the device. The word "unlimited" is used loosely since there is a limit to the data to stop people from tethering but you probably never reach it to actually worry about it. When you are downloading apps, attachments or receiving and sending email or other messages, it is using data. That means you can download as many apps and attachments that you want.

02-21-09 11:51 PM
    If you see restarts daily, I'd return it.

Mine has done it 3 times in 3 months, I'm not freaking over it, but it is a bit annoying if you need the phone while it's burping.
    02-21-09 11:57 PM
    It means "unlimited" data usage from the device. The word "unlimited" is used loosely since there is a limit to the data to stop people from tethering but you probably never reach it to actually worry about it. When you are downloading apps, attachments or receiving and sending email or other messages, it is using data. That means you can download as many apps and attachments that you want.

wow, that is great news. I was so worried that I had to pay for data usage. Btw, you are using verizon, right?
    Thanks
    Last edited by khuengo; 02-22-09 at 12:04 AM.
    02-22-09 12:01 AM
    Oh I just HATE it when it restarts on me! My screen flashes white and it says DEVICE ERROR and just shuts off. Then it takes 10 minutes to turn back on. (literally!) It always happens at the worst times too! haha
    I was calling tech support because I was having trouble with the graphics card on my laptop and I was kinda texting and on the phone at the same time and right in the middle of the call and in the middle of the text i was writing it just flashed white and I just felt this sharp pain in the pit of my stomach! lol I was soo close to getting an answer to my question on the phone but my storm decided to shut off. I ended up calling back and I continued texting and it shut off again during the second call. The third time I stopped texting because I figured that was it, and it didnt shut off!!

Does anybody know if it was the texting while on the phone that made it turn off?

P.S. Sorry to ask another question to take away from the topic.
    02-22-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD