I have a question I was hoping someone could answer regarding BB Alerts. I've looked on the forum for a definite answer but haven't been able to find one.

Is it possible to set a custom LED colour for BB Messenger? When I set one for PIN messages, it doesn't apply to BB Messenger for some reason. Am I doing something wrong or is it a function not built into BB Alerts?

If anyone knows how to get BB Alerts working with BB Messenger some help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    02-09-09 12:44 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. I'm having similar problems as you tho.. I can't even get the app to change the color of the LED for any notification.. whether it is SMS or a missed call. What is weird.. if I send myself a SMS, it will work, but if someone else sends me an SMS, the LED won't even turn on! I don't get it.. I've tried all kind of different settings and they have all failed. I'm wondering if being on .99 OS has anything to do with it.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.. I figured I wouldn't waste space by creating a new thread.
    02-09-09 12:49 AM
    It probably has something to do with .99. BB Alerts work for me on .75 for SMS, phone calls, voicemail, email etc...

The only thing it won't work for is BB Messenger, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not.
    02-09-09 12:59 AM
    Yeah.. I would try to figure that out for you, but I can't even get it to do anything haha Damn .99
    02-09-09 01:10 AM
    Looks like it fell off the first page...

Does anybody have some insight into this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    02-09-09 04:09 PM
    I have had BB Alerts on my storm for about a month. I have gone through about 5 storms choosing the fourth because it seems the best.

Now on topic....I have had .75 running for the remainder of the month and have never been able to over ride the Pin alert like the others that do work. I have green for email, red for calls, white for sms, ect. Voice mail wont work with the program because of its non full compatibility. Something to do with visual voice mail I presume. But i'm under the assumption that when the company knows about these problems, and they do, they will release a compatible program. Then all you need to do is upgrade and enjoy.

Now i have also just upgraded to OS .99. Its works great and have NO problems with BB Alerts, also no problems with Weather bug which people have said. I have not gone crazy with updates though so the more you update and "flash" your phone it might throw it for a loop. Remember its just all ones and zeros, maybe one got left off in the hiccup of USB to BB.

not an expert but just my findings.
    02-09-09 04:45 PM
    it's my understanding that it doesn't alert for bb messenger...
    02-10-09 05:38 AM
    I was running .86 on my storm and had it working great!!! But i just updated to .103 and now it wont work at all. In my custom profiles there is no option now to change the alerts settings for sms, email, and voicemail. Anybody have it working on .103???
    02-21-09 08:42 AM
    Anybody tried AlertMatrix from RexWireless?
    02-21-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD