So I tried to do some searching, couldn't find anyone else who shared my problem (tho these fourms seem to be a bit bloated lately). I was interested in trying out BBalerts. I find that it works fairly well for my needs except I can't get it to change the LED light for SMS. If I am gonna pay 13 bucks just get my lights to blink a certin color for me I wanna make sure it works. I just didn't know if anyone else has had this problem. Methods I haven't tried are a battery pull or a reinstall. I am trying to test the memory drop on .90 so I'm trying not to reboot.
    01-24-09 08:50 AM
    Ok...so it seems to be working at this point for my SMS. but now everytime I open up the app, the keyboard pops up, with no way to hide it. the scrolling is also very off. I tried disabling compatibility mode didn't help. It started doing this after I rebooted.
    01-24-09 09:03 PM
    Have you closed BB Alerts (since it runs on boot), and then gone to disable compatibility mode? You may have to actually enable and then disable compatibility mode (I do, after each OS update). Then launch BB Alerts and it should work fine.

Got mine going red for missed calls, green for email, blue for SMS, white for PIN and a custom purple much more purple looking to me than the default purple.
    01-24-09 09:14 PM
    2 questions does the led light stay blinking until you check the phone or does it stop in 15 mins like the standard program and what exactly is pin?Im new to the blackberry word and the icon thats sms/mms and shows i got a text voice mail?
    01-24-09 09:31 PM
    thanks. that totally did it. This is a very convenient app, cause I have it on vibe profile most of the time at work so I can at least see what I missed. I just hope when the app store launches we can hope to see cheaper apps. cause 13 bucks for this feels a little much.
    01-24-09 09:40 PM
    thanks. that totally did it. This is a very convenient app, cause I have it on vibe profile most of the time at work so I can at least see what I missed. I just hope when the app store launches we can hope to see cheaper apps. cause 13 bucks for this feels a little much.
    Tip: Always, always, always google for a coupon code for any site that has field for them before you click the purchase button. With a Handango coupon code I found, I paid $9.
    01-25-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD