Currently running .109.

I noticed when I woke up this morning that my phone didn't charge at all last night. I then plugged it in at work at the lightning bolt is there saying it's charging (and the clock comes up as soon as I plug it in) but it hasn't moved from 5% in the status and it's still red and says low battery. It's been charging for 3.5 hours now and no change.

I tried a couple battery pulls. Tried powering down and letting it charge. I tried unplugging to see if it was just delayed in updating the status - no change - the lightning bolt goes away and the battery meter is still red and completely empty.

Nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    03-27-09 10:52 AM
    Are charging via AC or USB?

Sometimes if your battery is completely dead it won't charge via usb....
    03-27-09 11:38 AM
    Most likely you will need to have your storm replaced. But in order to do that you have to revert back .75 before you do, or VZW will not honor your warranty.

You can try taking the battery out, plugging it into the usb for a bit, then putting the battery back while the phone is still plugged in, let it boot up, and let it charge for an hour or two too see if it will actually charge.

If not, call tech support and wait for your replacement.
    03-27-09 11:41 AM
    Are charging via AC or USB?

Sometimes if your battery is completely dead it won't charge via usb....
    Charging via AC
    03-27-09 03:16 PM
    Most likely you will need to have your storm replaced. But in order to do that you have to revert back .75 before you do, or VZW will not honor your warranty.

You can try taking the battery out, plugging it into the usb for a bit, then putting the battery back while the phone is still plugged in, let it boot up, and let it charge for an hour or two too see if it will actually charge.

If not, call tech support and wait for your replacement.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you think it's more of a battery issue or phone issue?
    I can't even turn it on anymore after I attempted to take out battery for awhile and charge w/o it. Is it worth it to take it to a VZW store to see if they can at least try a new battery? There would be no reason for them to check the OS if they got it to boot right?
    03-27-09 03:28 PM
    Do you have any data intensive apps running? I know that the YouTube app uses more battery than can be charged. Not sure if any other apps do this but I've had issues with my phone battery DECREASING WHILE CHARGING. Cause I was running YouTube in the background.
    03-27-09 04:03 PM
    No data intensive apps were running.

I decided to try wiping with JL_Cmder and reverting back to .75 to see if that fixed anything.

Phone seems to be charging now (up to 25%). Once it's fully charged I'll upgrade to .113 and hopefully be back up and running better than before.

Thanks to all who responded.
    03-27-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD