If this is the 2nd time this has been posted I am sorry. I could not find it and nor have I received any replies.

My Storm is just burning through my battery. I can leave it alone and it will dead in like 6 hours. I have turned off the GPS, and am only running a handful of apps, like gtalk, messenger and alike.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave
    03-03-09 10:39 AM
    I had the same problem. I would keep my bb holstered and in 6 or so hours it was dead. Yesterday I went back to the default theme and deleted my AP news and weatherbug apps and it seems to have fixed itself. Back to going all day on a charge. I am also running .103 but I have been for the past week or so.
    03-03-09 10:43 AM
    I've heard conflicting accounts of what IM apps like google talk, AIM, BB messenger... do the battery.

I'm going to do my own test to see what may help... this post had some other tips on possibly extending battery life.

edit: apparently, I don't have enough posts to post links yet here's the address: forums.crackberry.com/f135/guide-make-your-storm-better-144849/
    03-03-09 12:23 PM
    List everything you have 3rd party on the phone, apps, themes. If you have Weatherbug set a location and change it to update every 2 or 4 hours, if you dont set a location it will continually search for your location thru the gps. also holding down the blackberry button will show what apps you have running. 5 of them you wont be able to close <bbmessenger, phone home, browser, messages> if you have 2 browser windows open close one, i make it a habbit to check this after i have ben using some apps, you leave an app open like a browser it could drain the battery quick
    03-03-09 12:34 PM
    Get a new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 12:36 PM
    Get a new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Way to contribute.
    03-03-09 05:31 PM
    I will try getting a new battery first
    03-03-09 05:47 PM
    thanks guys, I will do your suggestions, I was getting mad, I could not find this post. I mistyped my own Freaking NAME when I signed on. Typing to fast for my own good

D
    03-03-09 06:00 PM
    I had similar problems, it turned out to be my weatherbug in my case. Im using bbweather and have no more problems with my battery.
    03-03-09 06:23 PM
    I think it had been solved, I will know in a while, thanks again
    03-04-09 12:09 AM
    I don't use a holster so I can't confirm this. But a while back there was some speculation that one of the holsters was holding down a button, draining the battery that way.

I know from personal experience my hip holder will make calls from pressure on the buttons if I don't lock the phone. Seeing that the holsters have a sleep magnet, I didn't see how it would be possible
    03-04-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD