I am tethered to my laptop and I am receiving this error. It was low when I hooked it up but shouldnt it use the power from the usb hookup to be able to turn radio use back on while charging?

How long does it usually take to turn radio use back on?

I need to be able to use it even if battery is low. I dont know of any device that doesnt allow you to use it on a charger other than this one.

cbB
    01-15-09 12:58 PM
    You can turn it back on after a few minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 01:00 PM
    WHen the battery is that low - it takes some time to charge. Try it in 20 minutes. Even though it is charging, the phone still needs to use the batter to power itself. If you're using power faster than the battery can charge (which is the case for MOST data enabled BB's - the battery will never catch up. In essence - you're always using the battery even when you're plugged in.
    01-15-09 01:01 PM
    The phone does not charge when you are tethering. Too much juice needed.

If you are in a bind you try a wireless upgrade and that will turn the radio back on, but it will run down pretty quick
    01-15-09 01:02 PM
    Also, most laptops only have power going to some of the USB ports, not all of them. You may want to make sure that the specific port you are using is a powered port.
    01-15-09 01:07 PM
    I experienced this problem this past weekend while just trying to use the phone. Took a good 20 minutes to reconect and even then I did a battery pull to get it to reset.

??? In my case would the phone have reconnected itself or was a battery pull required? I did try to reset through "Manage Connections" but that didnt work for me.
    01-15-09 01:10 PM
    It usually turns itself back on when enough charge taken to turn on. 20mins sounds good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 01:13 PM
    The phone will charge while tethering. If for some reason it doesn't then it's because you don't have drivers loaded. Yeah, I know that's funny, but the DM drivers for the Blackberry have to be loaded in order for charging to work on the device. If you're on a Mac or another system that doesn't have these drivers loaded, then that's your problem.
    01-15-09 01:18 PM
    Yeah, I think you can turn it back on in a few minutes.
    01-15-09 01:21 PM
    I do have the drivers and it does charge but it took over 30 minutes to get to a point where I could even make a call. I wasnt trying to use it for broadband, I just wanted to make a call. 30+ minutes is pretty unacceptable and I hope future patches do something about that.

btw I had the unit turned off during those 30 minutes and it was still dead when I tried it after that time. I had an hour long meeting and finally it has enough to work. Not sure how long it actually took.
    01-15-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD