Battery Technology really needs to catch up with the evolving devices we are now using.

I was streaming some live Evanescence videos to my S2 the other day - something I don't normally do. I maybe watched 10 performances (they rock BTW). It drained about 75% of my battery.

With all the new Android devices sporting 1GHZ processors, and future BB's getting faster processors as well, big screens, etc... I would think that the stock batteries would be... Beefy.

I know Extended Batteries can solve the problem - but the tradeoff of a bubble-**** battery door and no case are hard pills to swallow.

Have you read any reviews of the Incredible? Almost every single one lists Battery life as a con.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Should bigger stock batteries be the norm? And if so, why aren't they?
    06-08-10 08:23 PM
    I feel the same exact way. I just ordered a OtterBox Defender case for my Storm 2 and I was going to get one of the Seidio batteries for my phone also because I would like it to last longer but I figured the extended batteries won't fit in the OtterBox case. I bought a car charger instead but would still like a better battery.
    06-08-10 10:08 PM
    I have the Incredible and had the Storm 2...the Storm 2 had much better battery life. But the Incredible is running a very powerful processor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 10:33 PM
    If they make better batteries, mfgrs will simply start putting in more powerful processors. That ALWAYS happens. Might as well get used to it.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-09-10 at 12:01 AM.
    06-08-10 11:10 PM
    If they make battery batteries, mfgrs will simply start putting in more powerful processors. That ALWAYS happens. Might as well get used to it.
    I would not mind a thicker smartphone if it meant more juice.

I really wish Otterbox made a case for the bigger extended batteries. I heard someone made a mod to a case to fit, but that's not my bag.
    06-08-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD