I charged my storm for the whole night (like normal) and I sent a couple of text and recieved some emails and my battery was already down to 35%. Any tips on how to save battery life. And is anyone else having this problem???
    01-09-09 09:58 PM
    Hi i had the same problem but was because i had a paper under my battery to fix the screen click problem , now i removed it and the battery is working good again.. hope that help you
    01-09-09 11:20 PM
    how long have you had the phone?

Day 1 of use and the antennas cut off after 8 hrs.
    Day 48 of use (today), Battery is at 50%

The battery sucked for me at first. Then I drained it and charged it fully. The battery life began steadily increasing from there. Today was actually a bit more than normal usage: my work cell phone crapped out (gotta love WinMo) so I had to use my personal several times more than normal to get anything done.
    01-09-09 11:45 PM
    Hmm. not sure what is up with your battery but I can get two days out of mine b4 needing a charge with good amount of usage. This seems like a single battery issue. Have you taken it back to have the battery replaced? That is what I would suggest, a little proactive action goes along way.
    01-10-09 11:27 AM
    I charged my storm for the whole night (like normal) and I sent a couple of text and recieved some emails and my battery was already down to 35%. Any tips on how to save battery life. And is anyone else having this problem???
    There are lots of threads on this issue. Briefly:
    • keep screen brightness down as far as possible, like 10%
    • keep BT off unless you need it
    • turn off GPS unless you use it
    • On Mobile Network option, turn network technology to 1XEV instead of GSM or global, so it doesn't keep searching for a GSM signal.
    • Do you have any 3rd party apps loaded that could be draining it?
    • Are you in in an area with poor cell service, like a basement or shielded area?
    • Do you turn off apps properly?
    • Do you tether (use my Storm as a modem)?

But if your battery is truly THAT bad, you should call VZW Tech. They will likely send you a replacement.
    01-10-09 12:26 PM
    mine is pretty good, remove some apps
    05-04-09 07:27 PM
    Mine was pretty bad the first few days but then I lowered the brightess to 50 and the dim timer to 10 and its made a huge difference.
    05-04-09 07:32 PM
    I can't stress this enough...

Make sure you give Weather Bug a location.
    05-04-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD