OK lets c who has had this problem too. Last night when i got home. I had about 3/4 of the battery full. it hasn't been charged for 2 days. I plug it in to charge it overnight. and today I just notice my battery is in the red section with 1/8 left. the battery icon is red the message is low battery. I pulled the battery, rebooted the phone and nothing it stays the same. it can't be possible that I lost 3/4 of a battery over night. so ....

have you guys experienced any problems with ur batteries. could this be an OS issue im on .83. any ideas. thanks
    01-15-09 11:34 AM
    are you sure the phone was plugged correctly on both ends. sometimes the battery status will act up, and battery pulls only further drain your battery.
    01-15-09 11:37 AM
    are you sure the phone was plugged correctly on both ends. sometimes the battery status will act up, and battery pulls only further drain your battery.
    yes it was. as it automatically went to the clock. which is what happens when it gets plugged to a power source.

besides can I loose 3/4 of a battery over night. while the phone is idle?
    01-15-09 11:38 AM
    was it plugged in overnight? or did u unplug it and leave it running the whole night, it can happen if u have everything running and a lot of applications running in the background (ie bluetooth, gps) it can happen. How new is your storm? sometimes the battery needs a few days of working in.
    01-15-09 11:41 AM
    Its about 1 month and half old. nothing was running over night. I usually spend during a quarter of the battery.
    01-15-09 11:42 AM
    well I run home grabbed the charger. and lets c if this happens again. the phone is charging right now.
    01-15-09 12:02 PM
    OK lets c who has had this problem too. Last night when i got home. I had about 3/4 of the battery full. it hasn't been charged for 2 days. I plug it in to charge it overnight. and today I just notice my battery is in the red section with 1/8 left. the battery icon is red the message is low battery. I pulled the battery, rebooted the phone and nothing it stays the same. it can't be possible that I lost 3/4 of a battery over night. so ....

have you guys experienced any problems with ur batteries. could this be an OS issue im on .83. any ideas. thanks

I had a very similar experience when using .85 Plugged it in at 50% went to bed woke up the battery was still "charging" and at 50%. I pulled the battery let it reboot and when it came up the battery was at 10 - 20 %. I had that problem and a couple others on .85 so I went back to .75
    01-15-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD