In light of this device's hunger for battery power, it'd be good to hear advice as to things being done by others to maximize use between battery charges.
    I have more questions than tips, but feel free to add some of your own.

One tip already posted by others is changing the default screen brightness from 100 to something less (I'm using 50% and have had no problems -- but don't know how much power I'm saving either).

Here are a few questions about the standby mode(s):

1) When the screen goes into standby (as it does under defaulted settings), I assume that the apps are still running, right? In other words, screen standby saves "some" battery but certainly nowehere near as much as turning the device off.

2) OEM Holster: I am using the holster from my 7130c (which fits great -- although a little tight on the sides) which puts the unit into standby when holstered. Is this holster standby the same as the one mentioned above in my first question? In other words, does it only put the screen on standby?
    Is there any advantage to having the holster standby (as opposed to just having the screen go into standby as it does by default)?

A follow up to (2): if there is an advantage, are there other companies selling holsters that will put the Storm in standby... or only the OEM?
    11-24-08 12:51 PM
    It'd be nice if Seidio made an extended battery that fits under the OEM battery cover. I had one for my 8130 Pearl and it was great, 30% more power and less than a millimeter thicker.
    11-24-08 01:12 PM
    Yea, and if they did make the battery we could all take the paper out from behind our batteries and the screen/battery problem would be solved...
    11-24-08 01:35 PM
    Yea, and if they did make the battery we could all take the paper out from behind our batteries and the screen/battery problem would be solved...
    Actually when the extended battery was slightly thicker than the OEM, so it made the battery cover fit better.
    11-24-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD