I've read online at batteryuniversity.com that Li-Ion batteries don't have the batter "memory" problems that older rechargeable batteries would get. That being said, my battery seems to drain much faster now than it did 2 months ago. I'm charging it nearly every night, whereas before .113 it was every other night. When I got the phone in November, it was every 3 nights.

Is this being caused by the firmware upgrades I keep going to? Is it the apps I've loaded up? - Viigo, gmail client, a few e-mail addresses, some games, etc. I'm not using the it any more than usual, but the battery seems to drain a helluva a lot quicker now then when I purchased it.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
    05-20-09 09:52 AM
    Which OS are you using currently? I have heard some battery issues present with .141, and of course various applications will cause the battery to drain faster.

just because the battery doesnt have a "memory" doesnt mean the cells cant go bad on the battery causing the same affects your having.

The battery is warrantied for a year like the phone, so you can contact Verizon to see if they can replace it if you truely think its the battery and not the OS or the programs.
    05-20-09 10:01 AM
    I'm running .141 right now - so then maybe I'll see some recovery in .148. I'll keep my fingers crossed and jump in blindly

Thank you!!
    05-20-09 10:22 AM
    No problem.

And if you are, you may want to look into the Seidio extended battery, quite a night/day difference.
    05-20-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD