Being well aware that the storm is new and there are many solutions in the works I have to ask why are battery pulls necessary? I have done a few and there is no doubt that it helps, so I do see the relationship, but... I recently purchased a Seidio cover and holster, both of which are great. The problem is that I see the cover breaking in short order as it must be removed to pull the battery and the snaps require a lot of coaxing to get them to release. One of the nice features of the cover is how well it fits, but that is no longer the case since the second battery pull. Is there no way to clear the memory, re-boot and enjoy a better operating Storm than removing the battery? I would have thought that one could re-boot, or gain the advantages of a re-boot with out having to go through this process. Strikes me as a great OS upgrade at some point or am I just missing something?
    01-13-09 04:27 PM
    Use Softreset
    01-13-09 04:30 PM
    Ditto. It works GREAT for me!
    01-13-09 04:32 PM
    Or Quickpull. Quickpull will now let you schedule a reset if you want a regular cycle (i.e. once a day when you are sleeping or something). But I do prefer Softreset as mentioned above.

See the 3rd party Apps sticky at the top for for links to them and other apps.
    01-13-09 04:34 PM
    Use Softreset
    Yes, try Softreset! You'll never have to pull your cover off again!
    01-13-09 04:34 PM
    Soft Reset once a day makes the Storm problems go away.
    01-13-09 05:01 PM
    Soft reset FTMFW!

I do mines usually after I install an app.
    01-13-09 05:02 PM
    I use Quick Pull, works great haven't tried Soft Reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 05:05 PM
    The only problem is if the phone hangs up on the media card inserted screen after the reboot or freezes up you will have to physically pull the battery...

I've used both and soft reset is definitely better IMHO
    01-13-09 05:05 PM
    Both are the same, I've used both but been happy with SoftReset so I stuck to that. QuickPull does allow you to schedule it but I never used it.
    01-13-09 05:07 PM
    I have QuickPull, but just about never use it, since the only times I need to actually pull my battery are times when the phone itself has locked everything up, thus making QuickPull inaccessible anyway.
    01-13-09 05:26 PM
    QuickPull is your friend :-)
    01-13-09 05:33 PM
    The only problem is if the phone hangs up on the media card inserted screen after the reboot or freezes up you will have to physically pull the battery...

I've used both and soft reset is definitely better IMHO
    Just curious, why do you think Soft Reset is better??

01-13-09 05:35 PM
    THANK you all very much. Now all I need to do is find out how to do a soft re-set!!!!!!! Or, quick pull for that matter?????
    01-13-09 08:25 PM
    Just curious, why do you think Soft Reset is better??

On QuickPull it askes you if you want to reset the device and you have to click yes, no, or schedule and I had the hardest time getting the yes button highlighted. Sometimes it would take me a couple minutes to get it highlighted and click it. However, with SoftReset there's a big *** button that says reset and it only takes me 1/2 a second to click that.

THANK you all very much. Now all I need to do is find out how to do a soft re-set!!!!!!! Or, quick pull for that matter?????
    Navigate to this page from your BlackBerry and click on the links for one of these two apps...

QuickPull ~~~> http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=22989&l=1&ps=102

SoftReset ~~~> http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad

(I found SoftReset to be less frustrating to use. it's personal preference. they both accomplish the same thing...)
    01-13-09 09:13 PM
    i thought both of these programs had a laundry list of issues with the storm? no?
    01-13-09 09:14 PM
    I've used both and both worked fine for me. SoftReset doesn't frustrate me as much. QuickPull reminded me of those websites that tell you that if you click yes you will win a million bucks and as soon as you moved the arrow near the button it moved to another part of the screen. SoftReset works perfectly for me...
    01-13-09 09:36 PM
    [QUOTE=Vaffanculo403;1408461]On QuickPull it askes you if you want to reset the device and you have to click yes, no, or schedule and I had the hardest time getting the yes button highlighted. Sometimes it would take me a couple minutes to get it highlighted and click it. However, with SoftReset there's a big *** button that says reset and it only takes me 1/2 a second to click that.

I agree with this 100%. Quick Pull is frustrating because of the difficulty highlighting the yes button. Soft Reset is a no brainer.
    01-13-09 09:53 PM
    i thought both of these programs had a laundry list of issues with the storm? no?
    Both work just fine on the Storm. I personally prefer QP and have not had any issues highlighting the button. Works great.
    01-13-09 11:02 PM
    [QUOTE=buckifvr;1408744]
    On QuickPull it askes you if you want to reset the device and you have to click yes, no, or schedule and I had the hardest time getting the yes button highlighted. Sometimes it would take me a couple minutes to get it highlighted and click it. However, with SoftReset there's a big *** button that says reset and it only takes me 1/2 a second to click that.

I agree with this 100%. Quick Pull is frustrating because of the difficulty highlighting the yes button. Soft Reset is a no brainer.
    +1 here. I've never had a problem with SR, but Qp does this to me every time. I finally deleted the app.
    01-14-09 08:50 AM
    I did have to go in and disable compatibility mode for SoftReset, but other than that it works great.
    01-14-09 09:50 AM
    I've used both and prefer QuickPull. They both do what they are supposed to do, but I think QuickPull looks a little more professional as well as the scheduling option. Never had a problem selecting the button/option that I needed.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 01-14-09 at 10:50 AM.
    01-14-09 10:47 AM
    I prefer Quickpull, no issues selecting the yes button. A little annoying that you have to click twice but it more than makes up for it with the scheduling function. I have it scheduled for a reset at 3am so when I wake up my Storm is all ready for me.
    01-14-09 12:00 PM
    Soft Reset once a day makes the Storm problems go away.
    What kinda' problems that you are having?
    The officially released OS are fairly reliable,

but, third party SW sometimes mess things up and should b removed.
    01-14-09 12:14 PM
    I think every storm owner has pretty much the same issues. Terrible memory leak, slow performance, the phone will freeze up and become non responsive for a couple minutes, etc. a bettery pull normally fixes it but I know I have to do a battery pull twice a day...
    01-14-09 01:20 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD