So I think by now most of us either love the storm or have decided to try an iphone.
    Ill admit im waiting for my 3rd replacement storm but I haven�t given-up hope.
    I have a technical query which I was hoping some people could shed some light on...
    Ok, so let�s face it, every so often our beloved storm will freeze, the screen may go snowy or just simply become unresponsive. This might happen once a day or several times a day or might be fine for a few days but sooner or later I reckon 99% of all storm users have to do a 'battery pull'.
    In most cases this is the only resort but what happens when we do yank the battery out? & how long should we wait to put the battery back in?
    And does this open us to further software crashes?
    01-13-09 08:22 AM
    Battery pull is your overall best option for system and little quirks. Take it out and keep it out for 15-20 sec is fine, put it back in. Let it boot up....
    01-13-09 08:25 AM
    I have only had a freeze due to 3rd party apps with the official OS. A battery pull give the OS a fresh boot to run, just clears out anything in memory.
    I have always been told to wait 10 - 30 seconds to replace the battery.
    01-13-09 08:31 AM
    sweet! ok thanks guys :-)
    01-13-09 08:35 AM
    Being well aware that the storm is new and there are many solutions in the works I have to ask why are battery pulls necessary? I have done a few and there is no doubt that it helps, so I do see the relationship, but... I recently purchased a Seidio cover and holster, both of which are great. The problem is that I see the cover breaking in short order as it must be removed to pull the battery and the snaps require a lot of coaxing to get them to release. One of the nice features of the cover is how well it fits, but that is no longer the case since the second battery pull. Is there no way to clear the memory, re-boot and enjoy a better operating Storm than removing the battery? I would have thought that one could re-boot, or gain the advantages of a re-boot with out having to go through this process.
    01-13-09 08:39 AM
    I've only experienced one freeze right after I went to .83 but I'm on .85 now and haven't had any permanent freezing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:39 AM
    battery pulls are the best option
    02-04-09 04:57 PM
    When I see that my storm is running sluggish I usually use the quick pull program and let it reset. If that does not fix it (which it usually does) then I take my Seidio case off and pull the battery. I usually do one of the other once a day because I love my Storm to be as fast as possible.
    02-04-09 06:18 PM
    Hello to all my Storm users My self I am sick and tired of the White screens & Lock ups. And not even able to use the phone. I just order my 3rd Storm Hopefully this one will work!.The only way I ever get any thing to work after a lock up is to remove the Battery! I am getting my 3rd one Friday. Verizon put something called Memory Cleaner. It works great. I just wish they had should me how to do it. So Here we go again Friday I am hoping it all go's well. :0)
    02-04-09 06:43 PM
    Hello to all my Storm users My self I am sick and tired of the White screens & Lock ups. And not even able to use the phone. I just order my 3rd Storm Hopefully this one will work!.The only way I ever get any thing to work after a lock up is to remove the Battery! I am getting my 3rd one Friday. Verizon put something called Memory Cleaner. It works great. I just wish they had should me how to do it. So Here we go again Friday I am hoping it all go's well. :0)
    Memory cleaner comes on every storm...it's a default app.
    02-04-09 07:04 PM
    I've had a few freeze ups on my Storm but have found I can slide it into my magnet equipped case, putting it to sleep, and take it right back out and the freeze up is cured. Sure is quicker and easier than a battery pull. I also do a "quick pull" every few days for overall performance. But I haven't physically pulled the battery in over a month.
    02-04-09 07:05 PM
    Memory Cleaner is just supposed to be a security app.
    02-04-09 07:05 PM
    So I think by now most of us either love the storm or have decided to try an iphone.
    Ill admit im waiting for my 3rd replacement storm but I haven�t given-up hope.
    I have a technical query which I was hoping some people could shed some light on...
    Ok, so let�s face it, every so often our beloved storm will freeze, the screen may go snowy or just simply become unresponsive. This might happen once a day or several times a day or might be fine for a few days but sooner or later I reckon 99% of all storm users have to do a 'battery pull'.
    In most cases this is the only resort but what happens when we do yank the battery out? & how long should we wait to put the battery back in?
    And does this open us to further software crashes?
    If you don't want to pull the battery out physically, then install QuickPull.

QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    02-04-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD