Okay.. My storm will be here Tuesday morning according to my tracking info. So, the noob question of the day is this. Is a battery pull necessary, and if yes, do I need to drain the battery before pulling it? Or do I just let it boot up, power down, pull the battery, and the replace it? Just trying to get all this BB Jargon down

Thanks Everyone
    11-23-08 07:11 PM
    A battery pull is the first option in tying to fix some issues. This also cleans out some clutter in your BB's memory.

Pull the battery out while the BB is on. Leave it out for 1 minute and put it back in. Let the BB COMPLETELY boot up and presume normal operation.
    11-23-08 07:13 PM
    You do not have to let the battery drain. i've read that with this type of battery it's actually best to keep it "topped up. "

Only do a battery pull if you are experiencing issues with your device. You no not need to drain the battery before pulling it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 07:14 PM
    Okay.. Glad I asked that question! So lagging and freezing are a good reason for a battery pull.. got it
    11-23-08 07:15 PM
    i only do a battery pull if a soft reset is impossible. i've read that there is a small chance a battery pull can corrupt the OS.

Since Storm owners do not have the option of a soft reset the battery pull is the only options i suppose.

Does anyone know if Storm users can use the same program that Pearl users do? SoftReset i think it's called...?

Here is some related jargon although it doesn't appear you can do a soft reset:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/batt...e-reset-59836/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-23-08 at 07:20 PM.
    11-23-08 07:16 PM
    OH BTW you pull the battery with the phone ON not off
    11-23-08 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD