Hi i'm new to all this so just wondering on the battery pulls.. I do 2-3 a day and was just wondering if thats normal..? thanks!
    04-06-09 03:21 PM
    If you use it for ordinary uses... like talking on the phone or texting, then it would be odd to do it so often. However, if you're always installing new apps or changing themes, then 2-3 battery pulls a day seems reasonable.
    04-06-09 03:44 PM
    What os are you running? I'm using .113 and don't have battery pulls maybe every 3 to 4 days sometimes longer....
    04-06-09 03:48 PM
    What os are you running? I'm using .113 and don't have battery pulls maybe every 3 to 4 days sometimes longer....
    I just have the os that came with the phone.. 4.7.0.75 Is there any downside to switching to the .113?
    04-06-09 03:58 PM
    for ordinary use that seems like to much. What are you doing on it mostly?
    04-06-09 03:59 PM
    If you use it for ordinary uses... like talking on the phone or texting, then it would be odd to do it so often. However, if you're always installing new apps or changing themes, then 2-3 battery pulls a day seems reasonable.
    and I txt, call, and use the browser mostly.. not a whole lot of theme changes or new apps..
    04-06-09 04:00 PM
    That would seem unacceptable for a smartphone to have to pull the battery 2 or 3 times a day. What applications are you running? Are you closing these apps correctly? And not using the red End button on the phone to close them?
    04-06-09 04:02 PM
    That would seem unacceptable for a smartphone to have to pull the battery 2 or 3 times a day. What applications are you running? Are you closing these apps correctly? And not using the red End button on the phone to close them?
    the only apps I have so far are myspace, facebook, flickr, buzzMe... I think thats it. I just got the phone so haven't gotten a lot of apps.. Oh i have weatherbug. would that slow it down? because the icon stays updated and everything... And how do I close the apps correctly? sorry i'm still tryin to figure everything out..
    04-06-09 04:11 PM
    From within any app, press the BB button and select Close, Exit or End. That ensures the app closes properly and at least gives your phone a fighting chance in the memory department.

WeatherBug doesn't really hurt anything. I've had it since it's been available and don't see any negative effects from its use.

There will always be 5 apps that remain open: BB Messenger, Phone, Messages, Browser and Home Screen. They won't close so don't worry about them. Jst be sure to close anything else you have when you're done with them.
    04-06-09 04:15 PM
    to close your apps correctly hit the BB key (menu key) and select CLOSE. You might have to do it several times until the app finally does close correctly, depending on how many layers deep ur running your app.

The Storm has five apps that run all the time, Home, Browser, Messages, BlackBerry Messenger and Phone. At any time, you can hold down the BB key to see which apps are running. Any apps running that you are thru with at the moment, just press the icon of the app you want to close and then click the BB key once and select close from the menu.

One more tip: Most apps will close completely just by pressing and holding down the return key, but not all will do that.

Leaving apps running unintentionally is one of the fastest ways to run down your battery.

Most ppl on here suggest you upgrade your phone os only after you've had it for a while and are comfortable doing so...
    *EDIT* Sorry I just noticed most of this is a repeat as someone else just beat me to it... oh well some of it is new.

There is also an app called QuickPull that does a virtual battery pull so that you don't physically have to open your phone and pull the battery. Works very well. do a search and you'll find it.
    Last edited by motrv8d; 04-06-09 at 04:24 PM.
    04-06-09 04:21 PM
    None so far for me and no battery pulls...
    04-06-09 04:35 PM
    to close your apps correctly hit the BB key (menu key) and select CLOSE. You might have to do it several times until the app finally does close correctly, depending on how many layers deep ur running your app.

The Storm has five apps that run all the time, Home, Browser, Messages, BlackBerry Messenger and Phone. At any time, you can hold down the BB key to see which apps are running. Any apps running that you are thru with at the moment, just press the icon of the app you want to close and then click the BB key once and select close from the menu.

One more tip: Most apps will close completely just by pressing and holding down the return key, but not all will do that.

Leaving apps running unintentionally is one of the fastest ways to run down your battery.

Most ppl on here suggest you upgrade your phone os only after you've had it for a while and are comfortable doing so...
    *EDIT* Sorry I just noticed most of this is a repeat as someone else just beat me to it... oh well some of it is new.

There is also an app called QuickPull that does a virtual battery pull so that you don't physically have to open your phone and pull the battery. Works very well. do a search and you'll find it.
    ok wow.. thanks for the help guys.. I'll check out quickpull and maybe do the OS after i get used to the phone.
    04-06-09 04:37 PM
    Is there any downside to switching to the .113?
    You void your warranty..
    04-06-09 04:52 PM
    You void your warranty..
    ok thanks.. i was wondering about that.
    04-06-09 04:54 PM
    Hi i'm new to all this so just wondering on the battery pulls.. I do 2-3 a day and was just wondering if thats normal..? thanks!
    get used to it if your using the crappy storm. worst blackberry on the market.
    04-06-09 04:56 PM
    ok thanks.. i was wondering about that.
    No, YOU DO NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY BY INSTALLING A LEAKED OS

I wish dummies on here would stop giving false info. You can always revert back to .75 if there is a problem
    04-06-09 04:57 PM
    Verizon reps on this site and in stores have said downloading leaked OS's would void your warranty....I'm assuming if you didn't revert back to .75.
    So the dummies are only going by what they were told.
    04-06-09 05:01 PM
    Verizon reps on this site and in stores have said downloading leaked OS's would void your warranty....I'm assuming if you didn't revert back to .75.
    So the dummies are only going by what they were told.
    so i would just have to switch back to .75 if i would have to use my warranty?
    04-06-09 05:04 PM
    so i would just have to switch back to .75 if i would have to use my warranty?
    Yes...simple as that
    04-06-09 05:06 PM
    Yes...simple as that
    sweetness..
    04-06-09 05:16 PM
    only do bat. pulls when installing apps
    04-06-09 05:19 PM

I wish dummies on here would stop giving false info.
    Please are you a 5th grader? Dummies?

If there was an issue and you could not revert back to the official OS, yes it could and would void your warranty.. I say if you are NOT having major issues with your Storm then wait for the official updated OS.. thats just my opinion..

Why exactly are you pulling the battery? Does your Storm freeze? Slow down?
    04-06-09 05:42 PM
    Please are you a 5th grader? Dummies?

If there was an issue and you could not revert back to the official OS, yes it could and would void your warranty.. I say if you are NOT having major issues with your Storm then wait for the official updated OS.. thats just my opinion..

Why exactly are you pulling the battery? Does your Storm freeze? Slow down?
    its been reset 4 times today. 1st time because it was slow and pretty much unresponsive. 2nd time was after i downloaded some apps (youtube and quickPull) and deleted a weather app (not WeatherBug) and it said it needs to reset to complete deletion. 3rd time it got slow again so i used QuickPull (which worked great) and the 4th time it locked up so i just watched it for a bit then it reset by itself after being totally unresponsive for a minute or so..
    04-06-09 06:36 PM
    Upgrade to .113 and be done with it..No more battery pulls all day and if you have any problems and need to send it back. You can always go back to .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 06:55 PM
    Yup if you bought a curve you wouldnt have these problems.
    04-06-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD