I'm interested in hearing if anyone else experiences this. Check your battery life before you are ready to charge. Before you charge, turn your phone off. Plug the phone in and check the time. After about twenty minutes (doesn't matter how depleted your phone is) your green light will come on showing a full charge. Take the phone off the charger and turn it on. You will have 5 bars of battery on your homescreen (full charge) but go to option>status. You will show anywhere from xx% to 90%. Bottom line, .607 has some kind of bug that turns the green light on premature. I have done this for the past five nights since I did the official upgrade. I've tried battery pulls, I don't run themes, I religiously make sure apps are shut when not in use and ther problem still exists.
    04-13-10 10:55 PM
    I don't think it's a bug. Most electronic devices with batteries will indicate they are "charged" when they get above roughly 80%. that's something that I'd think most consumers would be aware of by NOW. A general rule of thumb be it for a cell phone, a digital camera, or whatever, is to charge the item for another couple of hours after an indicator light goes on, off, turns green, or whatever it does when it indicates it is "charged". Otherwise battery life will "seem" to be lousy. I wish all mfgrs would use the same color indication to show the battery has reached a "full charge". SOme devices even shut off the charging lamp, rather than show a particular color. crazy inconsistency!
    04-14-10 01:38 AM
    The green light used to always mean a full charge and it normally would take about 2-2 1/2 hours to charge. Now after 20 mins the light comes on. This only started after the OS update. Just checked my BB now and the homescreen shows 1/2 bar of power gone but when I do options>status it says 65%.
    04-14-10 04:14 PM
    The green light used to always mean a full charge and it normally would take about 2-2 1/2 hours to charge. Now after 20 mins the light comes on. This only started after the OS update. Just checked my BB now and the homescreen shows 1/2 bar of power gone but when I do options>status it says 65%.
    show me any product that the charge light accurately depicts when the device is fully charged. u think the storm is bad, u should buy yourself a mifi. that sucker will show it's charged about 1/2 through a charge cycle, if not before. My phone's status battery level matches the icon indication. your phone is SO screwed!
    04-14-10 04:17 PM
    Bad Battery- take it in and get it exchanged already!
    04-14-10 05:18 PM
    Bad Battery- take it in and get it exchanged already!
    very possible and a simple solution!
    04-14-10 05:22 PM
    very possible and a simple solution!
    I did go to Verizon and got a new battery. Still have the same issue. No matter how depleted the battery is....20 mins green light. I am downgrading this weekend if I can figure it out.
    04-15-10 10:35 PM
    I charge my phone over night either way. I think on all OSs it does that. Doesnt mean the battery fully charged but charged enough to use the phone.
    04-15-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD