Well, yesterday was my first 'real day' of using my Storm, and the battery didn't even last until 3:00 p.m. (unplugged at about 5:30 a.m.)

It was unplugged at a similar time this morning, and after following some of the tips I've read on these forums (turning off GPS, turning off event logger, chaning from global to 1xev...) it seems to be on a better track, though I'm not sure it will last the whole day. Part of the problem, I think, is that my office gets terrible reception, but it isn't consistently bad. Some days, my work blackberry (8703e) will still be good at the end of the day, others it is drained by 3:00 p.m. So I think it will be hard to guage the effectiveness of some of my tests, because I won't be sure if that day I'm getting good reception, or if the changes I made helped.

Be that as it may, I still need to have it stay alive for my commute home. So, what type of strategy should I employ in keeping this thing charged. I have the desktop docking station and cable, so I can plug it in whenever. Should I wait for it to get down to a particular level before charging it? Should I just have it plugged in whenever I sit down at my desk? One thing that worrys me with the first idea is that if I wait for it to get too low, say 5%, I might not be at work long enough to give it a good charge.

What have you all done to get your battery life to last the day?
    03-04-09 09:16 AM
    *bump*

I've gotten into the habit of letting the phone drain to the point in the day where I think I can put it on charge for the last x hours of the day, that'll leave me with a little bit of charge for the evening, so I just have to plug it in before bed. Worked pretty well for me tonight. In fact, it didn't get to the low battery warning until about 12:30.
    03-07-09 12:25 AM
    FYI, these types of batteries actually like to be topped off and to ensure proper maintenance, you should do a full charge, full drain, and full charge again at least once a month.
    03-07-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD