Put the phone on the charger when I went to bed last night, had 2 bars (40%?). It went into �bedside mode� like it was supposed to. Woke up this morning a little under 6 hours later, and I was DOWN to 1.5 bars (30%?)! Did a battery pull to confirm, and it was still at 1.5 bars.

I�m new to bb, just having jumped ship from winmo, so I�m wondering � is this a thing? Has it happened to anybody else, or was it probably just control-stick actuator malfunction?

Searched the forum, but couldn�t find anything similar. Thanks in advance!
    11-26-08 08:38 AM
    Never heard of this. All I can advise it make sure the battery is drained before charging.
    You have to set the range of the battery (dead/charged) after 3-5 times you should never have
    An issue with your battery.

Welcome to blackberry, you'll love it compared to winmo. I was a winmo die hart fan boy
    Until I got my 8320 last year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:49 AM
    Did you use the usb jack or he wall socket charger? The second day I had my storm I used the USB cable to charge it like I did forever with my 8830 and instead of charging it let the phone die.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:13 AM
    You don't need to set the range of the battery with newer lithium-ion batteries. It should work fine no matter what your charging habits are.
    11-26-08 10:45 AM
    Im having the same problem... it does not charge consistently, even though the battery status in the upper right corner is showing as charging.
    11-26-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I was using the travel charger, not the usb.

grooves...sorry to hear its happening to you as well, but there is a tiny part of me that's glad to know i'm not alone.
    11-26-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD