I have been searching the threads looking for a solution to the battery draining so fast. I do like this .113 but my battery won't last a single day. I don't have any 3rd party apps loaded or running. My GPS is off. I basically text, web, and call. The same use on the .75 lasted almost 3 days. Is there a fix for this. I know not every phone is the same so should I just move on to another os
    03-27-09 07:14 PM
    I wouldn't mind finding out about that issue either. The battery drains incrediable fast. Any solution or fix out there.
    03-27-09 07:30 PM
    My battery life has been great after day 2. Mine lasted 24 hours yesterday into this morning, this all with GPS and bluetooth on. Apps I'm running: Where, Poynt, Flycast, iHeartRadio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:35 PM
    I had very bad battery (draining 15% an hour) and same results after 3 battery pulls. After a few days i decided to delete all 3rd party apps off my phone, and wouldnt ya know it, been at 100% still after 3 hours off the charger (phones been in my pocket all day). So something maybe with the apps thats triggering this. I will post if i find which one affected me. not sure maybe the OS needed a day or two to optimize itself. Can anyone explain why after a new install it takes a few days to optimize itself? I mean the code doesnt re write itself so where is the variable?
    03-27-09 07:39 PM
    I've been running .113 for several weeks now. I have to charge my Storm at least one during the day or it will go in the red. Any ideas. I run Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, Myspace and that's it. I have other options although I don't run them.
    03-27-09 07:51 PM
    I've been running .113 for 3 days now. I saw battery issues on day one. But day two was excellent. I haven't had to delete apps or anything to that extreme. Maybe a couple of tips that I took advantage of will work for you folks. Turning your event logger off will keep the processor from generating event logs throughout the day. Another tip would be tip open the application center>BB button>uncheck auto refresh. This again will keep processor from constantly working for no reason. Other things I have utilized:
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>Backlight Brightness: Default is 100. Tweaking this setting to around 70 to 60 is not a very noticeable physical difference but by doing this the load on the battery is decreased.

Hope it works for ya
    03-27-09 07:58 PM
    I've had to charge daily with all versions of the OS until the last few days after upgrading to OS .113. I'm still in the habit of putting my phone in its cradle when home - may as well charge it.
    03-27-09 08:35 PM
    Thanks for those tips. I just made the change to the brightness. Let's see what happens.
    03-27-09 09:37 PM
    I just upgraded today to .113 from .114 v2. I had my battery at 100% at the install. Usually on my OS upgrades the battery level was between 20% and 60%. I have dropped today since install from 100 to 80 with a lot of use of the unit.

Usually I would be hovering around 50% with the same use. I would try reinstall with the battery at 100%.

03-27-09 09:42 PM
    Screen brightness lowered will help, but keep in mind that texts, web use the radio just as making a call does.

# Usage: Up to 270 minutes of talk time OR
    # Standby: Up to 372 hours

So...4 1/2 hours of solid usage. In a 16 hour day that amount adds up...texting, web use and a few calls WILL kill a battery.
    03-27-09 10:04 PM
    Been on the phone for about an hour, about 200 text messages, 30 mins of web browsing, 30 each of music playing and watching part of a movie and I still have 50% left.

03-27-09 10:17 PM
    Been on the phone for about an hour, about 200 text messages, 30 mins of web browsing, 30 each of music playing and watching part of a movie and I still have 50% left.

Right and that would be just shy of 3 hours usage. Playing music uses nowhere near the batt that other events do.
    03-28-09 06:42 AM
    I have the same problem with my battery as well on .113.

one day the 3G connection was playing up so I changed it to 2G only and guess what? The battery last longer "fo me anyway".

Give this a try and disable GPS as well and let me know. And by the way my bluetooth is always off as well.

I don't care much about 3G though as long as I have coverage so it might be an issue for others.

one last thing though: Does anyone have a heating problem at the back of the storm. it starts heating upo for some reason just under the battery and I don't know what from.
    03-28-09 07:29 AM
    my battery is the worst its ever been running on .113 never had battery problems until upgrading to .113...I don't even use my phone during my 10 hour work day and its half drained out not even using the thing at work
    03-28-09 07:30 AM
    let your battery die (completelly) then charge it and it would fix the problem...
    03-28-09 09:28 AM
    I've not changed the way I use my phone. I only upgraded, and I notice that the battery doesn't even last a full day, let alone half a day. Any ideas?
    03-28-09 09:37 AM
    I've done that. Any other ideas.
    03-28-09 09:37 AM
    Go through every program you have and make sure its connected, usually there is SOMETHING trying to connect using the gps, and you have to open the program and make it actually connect. I had that problem a lot with weatherbug. So now every time I upgrade I go through every app i have and make sure it works and is connected, and havent had a problem since.

P.S. Try turning the gps on
    03-28-09 09:41 AM
    My battery is draining a lot faster on .113
    I used it this morn for 2 phone calls (5 and 8 min) 8 BB messangers and 6 text and it went down 5%

Before upgrading I was on .103 and I could use my phone for over 48 hours heavily before needing to recharge
    03-28-09 09:45 AM
    I'm at work and have been texting bbming and crackberrying(lol) for the past 5 hours. Took the phone off the charger at 8:30 this morning. I'm at 44%. Running .113. Not too shabby if you ask me.

03-28-09 07:43 PM
    let your battery die (completelly) then charge it and it would fix the problem...

This has not helped me at all. My battery has died several times, I cannot get my phone to last 8 hrs without a recharge.
    03-28-09 08:10 PM
    when I was using .109 my battery would last 2 days before charging.

now that I'm running .113 It won't last 10 hours and I don't even use the phone during those 10 hours.

.113 is messed up compared to .109...thinking about downgrading tomorrow
    03-28-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD