Yeah i know there are threads like this already but i dont want to ressurect any

my storm battery has recently been running out in half a day

the only apps i have running are the core ones and whatsapp

i dont keep wifi, bluetooth or GPS running at all and it still runs out in half a day

the backlight is on 20 !!!

what do i do?

the network when im at home is on EDGE and sometimes GPRS, its not connecting to 3G and the blackberry symbol isnt showing like it used to, does this matter?
    a month ago and before that, it used to be connected to 3G and the blackberry symbol was there and i used to keep wifi on all day, and it lasted for a long time!

help
    07-18-10 02:45 AM
    Try to turn of 3G. If You cant recieve 3G anyway, then it can make a difference to the better if You use 2G only.
    07-18-10 03:01 AM
    Try to turn of 3G. If You cant recieve 3G anyway, then it can make a difference to the better if You use 2G only.
    but i used to get 3G all the time, i dunno what's happened!
    07-18-10 03:31 AM
    Get another battery. You can get literally get them for 3 dollars on eBay.

They work fine, I used 2 of them and my original battery for months.

Also, if you have one of the beta BBMs, or you use bbm a lot, that will roast your battery.
    07-18-10 03:45 AM
    yeah i've just purchased a battery for $2.72 including shipping!
    uk sellers tryin to rip me off at 3.39 ($5.18) !

i'll see if this helps at all

i've just switched off the 3G but i dont want to do this, the whole point of my BB is that it would stay at 3G, but my area doesnt seem to have 3G coverage for about a month now :s so i think the battery is draining searching for 3G coverage ... not sure.. but its stuck on EDGE and GPRS, i switched it to 2G now and it should last longer hopefully... but this defeats the point of having the storm 2 !!
    07-18-10 04:48 AM
    i've just switched off the 3G but i dont want to do this, the whole point of my BB is that it would stay at 3G, but my area doesnt seem to have 3G coverage for about a month now :s so i think the battery is draining searching for 3G coverage ... not sure.. but its stuck on EDGE and GPRS, i switched it to 2G now and it should last longer hopefully... but this defeats the point of having the storm 2 !!
    This might be it. Something seems to be wrong with the 3G connection in your area, and the phone radio is constantly trying to search for it.

With that said, I use the Storm2 on EDGE, and it really isn't that bad. 3G is a battery killer itself.
    07-18-10 05:08 AM
    I agree blackberry battery is no good. Mine does not seem to last long have to have more than one battery at any given time.
    07-18-10 05:16 AM
    This might be it. Something seems to be wrong with the 3G connection in your area, and the phone radio is constantly trying to search for it.

With that said, I use the Storm2 on EDGE, and it really isn't that bad. 3G is a battery killer itself.
    I think you're on the right track, the fact that your phone is struggling to find the 3G connection means it's working overtime to get the signal, which drains the battery in a flash. Maybe talk to your Telco, see if they can't figure out what the issue is.
    07-18-10 09:04 AM
    Also try rekoading the OS. Backup the phone, then wipe and reload the OS. When the reload is complete, use the Advanced Restore and only load back the databases you need. Its possible you may have a corrupted file or database which is leading to the battery drain. This should resolve that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 11:28 AM
    I agree with Krypto there might be a bad file causing the battery drain because half a day seems way too short for it to be a battery problem. How old is your battery?
    07-18-10 11:31 AM
    i ordered the seidio 1700mAh battery. got it thursday and charged it up and let it discharge then re-charged it friday morning. took it off the charger 10am friday and didn't put it back on until 9am this morning when it hit 30% charge. i used the phone light to moderately throught the weekend. i highly recommend the battery, especially since it fits in the phone without an extended cover.
    07-19-10 10:23 AM
    i ordered the seidio 1700mAh battery. got it thursday and charged it up and let it discharge then re-charged it friday morning. took it off the charger 10am friday and didn't put it back on until 9am this morning when it hit 30% charge. i used the phone light to moderately throught the weekend. i highly recommend the battery, especially since it fits in the phone without an extended cover.
    Where did you get yours and how much was it...that sounds like a great solution?
    07-19-10 11:19 AM
    i got it right here on the crackberry site actually, in the accessories section. it runs about $50. although had i been smart i would have gotten it during the 4th of july sale and saved a couple bucks. oh well.
    07-19-10 01:06 PM
    i got it right here on the crackberry site actually, in the accessories section. it runs about $50. although had i been smart i would have gotten it during the 4th of july sale and saved a couple bucks. oh well.
    Thanks Remmy...I will watch for a sale and pick one up...I try to buy everything I can at CB to support them; and 9 times out of 10, they are just as cheap as anywhere else!
    07-19-10 01:28 PM
    Up until now, I've ignored the suggestion, in many threads, to turn off WiFi to save battery life.

I get great 3G reception so I turned it off this morning.
    I saw an improvement in my battery life.

Good Luck
    07-19-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD