02-27-09 11:37 PM
53 123
tools
    Excell battery life for me I thouhht my meter was wrong. After a bunch of useage it didn't even budge.not sure if I'm doing somthing different or what

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:10 AM
    36 hrs with moderate - heavy usage (lots of mp3 playing via bluetooth, phone calls, emails, surfing and GMM with GPS).

Last night I got stuck in my work truck (ironically, its battery died and needed to wait for a jump) and my Storm was at 5%
    02-26-09 05:15 AM
    Im just saying its too early to tell what kind of battery life anyone is having. Case in point... http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ok...pgrade-168513/
    Case in point huh? Well since I started that thread I guess I can comment on your comment

I'm not a "let me see what's new in this one" kind of upgrader. I upgraded that day and stuck my phone back in the holster and used it very little throughout the rest of the day. I has 90% at 3pm when I upgraded and at 7:30pm I was at 4%. I don't care how much you play with a phone, that much drain is TOO much. I took the advice of another poster and made sure my location was set in Weatherbug. Since I did that, I can take it off the charger in the morning (5:30am) and once I get home in the afternoon, I'm still at 80%-85%.

Hopefully there won't be any more issues with my battery life. My recommendation for people with battery life issues is to check ALL your 3rd party apps and make sure that they have been reconfigured after you upgrade
    02-26-09 07:38 AM
    im not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.. but i noticed terrible battery life even with .75 until i changed the setting from Global to 1XEV... seemed on global it was just constantly "searching" but i did notice when i went to 109 it was set back to global... so i had to change it again..
    02-26-09 07:39 AM
    im not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.. but i noticed terrible battery life even with .75 until i changed the setting from Global to 1XEV... seemed on global it was just constantly "searching" but i did notice when i went to 109 it was set back to global... so i had to change it again..
    I've had mine set to 1XEV and pulled the sim card since 11/24/08. I know I'm not likely to need to roam on a GSM network and figured leaving it active would enable the GSM radio to eat the battery searching for signal
    02-26-09 08:42 AM
    I had some frustration with issues with the upgrade, restoring data files, battery drain issues, etc. I almost reverted but I'm glad my patience persisted. Reinstalling all my user installed apps after the 109 upgrade through the DM seemed to fix everything. Now this thing is a lean mean fighting maching. It now eats Iphones for breakfast and craps out Curves by lunch. Worth the effort.
    02-26-09 12:05 PM
    my battery barely lasts 8 hr day
    02-26-09 12:08 PM
    I've done it again lol, from .99 to .103 i'm going to make a .109 battery thread as well.
    It's been about a day and i loaded this early morning. Running the Android theme along with WeatherBug and a few other non running apps and I am having luck with a good battery life.

With low service area at my school I go to I am quite pleased I have a good battery still. From 100% at around 7am this morning I am at 30% at 8:45pm. Quite nice for me, and I used this a lot during the school hours!

I had about a 9 hour battery life with .103 and about 18 hours with .99. I would say this is a good 15 hour maybe 18 again with .109.

Now i know it's still a bit early but post them here! I will update again tomorrow morning during school once again (yay...) and go from there.

Post away your Battery Life issues or amazingness stuff.

This guy is right on...after each upgrade I hammer my device trying to find bugs and tweaks...

So far I go for about 5 hours of continuous use before I see a low battery...(30% or. Less)

02-26-09 12:20 PM
    24 hours since removing weatherbug and recharging and I am at 60% battery. Definitely check apps using gps after installing new OS.
    02-26-09 12:23 PM
    I just changed mine, lets see if that does it... my battery life is getting annoying!
    02-26-09 12:25 PM
    I just changed mine, lets see if that does it... my battery life is getting annoying!
    i'm gonna try this hope it works
    02-26-09 12:27 PM
    I've been running .109 since the day it was leaked on CB. My battery life was horrible the first three days. However, today it seems to be MUCH better. Not sure why, I haven't changed any settings other than for the display to fade at 20 seconds instead of 30. Not sure if that will make the big difference I've noticed today. Either way, I'm much happier with this build now. Bring on the GC!!!
    02-26-09 01:13 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the change from global setting to 1XEV has increased battery life?
    02-26-09 01:15 PM
    The .190 is f-ing amazing compared to the .103 and .190 hybrid.

Now i can watch the speculum video on you-tube about 50 more times now.
    02-26-09 01:17 PM
    My battery life is uber bad.....fully charged at 8:00am. Did some minor browsing, talked about 40 minutes and now it is at 35%!!! The screen is at 50, the dimmer is 20sec, its been set on 1xev. This is my third phone and its been the same thing, Can it happen from a bad signal. Some reason with my curve i had full bars almost everywhere...seem now i am lucky to get 4 bars. I'm in metro Detroit so its not like I'm in the boonies.
    02-26-09 03:51 PM
    Does my battery log look right? I believe I am loosing battery too quick. I changed from global to 1XEV, disabled GPS. I have weather bug but don't think that is it since I had it on .99 and my battery life was way better. Have not added any 3rd party apps since my upgrade from .99. So dont know what it can be please PM me your suggestions. Thanks again!

02-26-09 05:21 PM
    The only thing that seems to really drain my battery is web browsing it just kills it! I might try a wipe and fresh os install after work tonite

02-26-09 05:35 PM
    My battery life is uber bad.....fully charged at 8:00am. Did some minor browsing, talked about 40 minutes and now it is at 35%!!! The screen is at 50, the dimmer is 20sec, its been set on 1xev. This is my third phone and its been the same thing, Can it happen from a bad signal. Some reason with my curve i had full bars almost everywhere...seem now i am lucky to get 4 bars. I'm in metro Detroit so its not like I'm in the boonies.
    Same thing here..... It is like you can just watch the meter fall....
    02-26-09 06:35 PM
    my usage
    5 emails (received)
    Data usage 699 Kilobytes
    20 sec dim on light (at 30% bright)
    today theme with scroll - no other themes installed
    BB weather installed
    Poynt installed
    1 min worth of phone calls
    Phone on for 10 hours

Battery is at 85%

good, bad ? How do I compare?
    Last edited by Battscrew; 02-26-09 at 06:55 PM.
    02-26-09 06:51 PM
    I am a business user that sees heavy usage on a phone, and I have always had blackberries from the old days to present. The Storm was the new purchase, and I was unhappy with the .75 OS. I upgraded to .109 and I am happy to report that the battery life has increased substantialy.

Speed, usefulness, and battery time have all improved. I have used the phone all day and still at 35% battery, which isnt fantastic...but I use it a lot.

From .75 to .109 was a big improvement imho.
    02-26-09 07:05 PM
    In general, that concurs with what I'm reading. Big improvements in battery life going from .75 to .109. With a few exceptions of course. I already get good life out of my battery and I'm running .75. Can't wait to see what happens when I upgrade.
    02-26-09 11:19 PM
    I had some problems with battery life with .103/.109 betas and have been doing some experimentation recently with some interesting results so I thought I would share my experience.

Originally, I had very poor battery life but after playing around I could see that many settings had reverted back to default settings. Most of my preferences are stored on BES so I didnt think I had to worry about this but I feel anyone with battery problems should at the least take a look to be sure things are the way you want them.

With the default settings I would have about 25% battery life at the end of the day (aprox. 15 hours us use) and after making some changes I now get home with the same configuation and use with 50-60% so the point here is that I believe with the right attention to settings you can double your life expectancy.

Here is a list of my current settings:

options - screen/keyboad:
    Backlight set to 10 and 30 seconds.
    Automatically dim: yes

options - security - memory cleaning:
    clean when holstered: no
    clean when idle: yes
    idle timeout: 1 hour

NOTE: I keep my storn in a OEM BB case with the magnetic sensor so I am assuming this may help with sleep/power/backlight or whatever power management my be preset (if any).

I do keep GPS on with location aiding and Bluetooth on but I will say that I turn off my BT headset whenever I am not using it. I have seen users keep it connected throughout the day and I think that is bad practice because it only takes a second to connect once you turn on the headset so I recommend that you keep the BT radio on but turn off the head set when not in use. If I feel I need it, I turn on the headset and it connects automatically in about 10 seconds and I turn it off when I am done.

Keep in mind, this is just my experience and opinion but I have seen a dramatic change in my battery life by just changing these settings.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by lvumlow; 02-27-09 at 11:54 AM.
    02-27-09 11:50 AM
    Battery life from .103 to .109 is about the same, no significant difference with my usage.
    02-27-09 12:15 PM
    So far I think .103 battery life is better but this is what has helped me extend my battery life. I got rid of weatherbug. Yeah its nice but I just installed the Weather Channel shortcut instead and you can put in your zip code and it memorize your location. This way all you do is click on the Weather Channel Shortcut you download and there is your temperature and 10 day forecast. I personally think its better than weatherbug but I'm sure it is whatever suits you better.
    02-27-09 12:33 PM
    Plus the Weather Channel shortcut isn't constantly running like weatherbug so it doesn't drain your battery.
    02-27-09 12:34 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD