I've done it again lol, from .99 to .103 i'm going to make a .109 battery thread as well.
    It's been about a day and i loaded this early morning. Running the Android theme along with WeatherBug and a few other non running apps and I am having luck with a good battery life.

With low service area at my school I go to I am quite pleased I have a good battery still. From 100% at around 7am this morning I am at 30% at 8:45pm. Quite nice for me, and I used this a lot during the school hours!

I had about a 9 hour battery life with .103 and about 18 hours with .99. I would say this is a good 15 hour maybe 18 again with .109.

Now i know it's still a bit early but post them here! I will update again tomorrow morning during school once again (yay...) and go from there.

Post away your Battery Life issues or amazingness stuff.
    Last edited by BlackStorm72; 02-24-09 at 07:49 PM.
    02-24-09 07:47 PM
    The desire to track how different OS's and third party applications affect battery life is why I originally wrote MeterBerry.

Check it out in my signature if you're interested. The logging features seem like they would really benefit you.

My battery life has improved with each subsequent OS. I think it's still a little too early to tell with .109, at least for me.
    02-24-09 08:05 PM
    The desire to track how different OS's and third party applications affect battery life is why I originally wrote MeterBerry.

Check it out in my signature if you're interested. The logging features seem like they would really benefit you.

My battery life has improved with each subsequent OS. I think it's still a little too early to tell with .109, at least for me.
    I've looked at your app before, loved it. I have been thinking of getting it as $2.49 was nice. This is an app i would recommend to a lot of people
    02-24-09 08:09 PM
    How can anyone know what battery life is going to be after only 24 hours?!? Everyone is playing with their phones to see if they can find anything new and improved, so of course everyone is killing their battery quicker.

Besides the fact that everyone runs different aps and just uses the phone in different ways for different amounts of time. I mean if someone wants to get into it, they should take several phones with different OS's on them, load identical apps, lay them on a table and let them sit. Then of course you would need a control tester with the official .75 from verizon with no 3rd party apps to test its battery life and compare.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. There are so many factors that contribute to battery life that it really is a pointless conversation. Not to mention the fact that ive already seen a couple battery life threads floating around.

There is so much garbage in this section already that nobody can find any information.
    02-24-09 08:12 PM
    Thank you for that fine opinion piece, Price. I however agree with the OP. I am getting much better battery life with .109 compared to .103. I am running the same apps and have the same usage patterns as before and my battery life is significantly better. I am so far pleased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:20 PM
    Better life compared to 103 also. Not a huge leap but better than before. =)
    02-24-09 08:24 PM
    Thank you for that fine opinion piece, Price. I however agree with the OP. I am getting much better battery life with .109 compared to .103. I am running the same apps and have the same usage patterns as before and my battery life is significantly better. I am so far pleased.

Im just saying its too early to tell what kind of battery life anyone is having. Case in point... http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ok...pgrade-168513/
    02-24-09 08:54 PM
    if you guys are running new Themes they are like a consistent program as well so they also run down your battery. every since in installed a plazmic theme my battery life has been worse and it finally clicked when i realized that they all show up under applications and are actually treated as a running program by the phone itself.
    02-24-09 08:57 PM
    How can anyone know what battery life is going to be after only 24 hours?!? Everyone is playing with their phones to see if they can find anything new and improved, so of course everyone is killing their battery quicker.

Besides the fact that everyone runs different aps and just uses the phone in different ways for different amounts of time. I mean if someone wants to get into it, they should take several phones with different OS's on them, load identical apps, lay them on a table and let them sit. Then of course you would need a control tester with the official .75 from verizon with no 3rd party apps to test its battery life and compare.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. There are so many factors that contribute to battery life that it really is a pointless conversation. Not to mention the fact that ive already seen a couple battery life threads floating around.

There is so much garbage in this section already that nobody can find any information.
    +1. Well said
    02-24-09 09:42 PM
    Not sure if battery life is any better. After about 25 hours into the upgrade, the battery life was pretty good. Several phone calls, BBM throughout the day. Several emails. Quick Pull, Talk Lock, Buzz Me as 3rd party apps running. Memory ran low to about 17MB so I tried doing a battery pull (battery life was at about 45%) then shortly after the battery pull battery life went down to a single yellow bar! I never had this happen to me before. I usually charge the phone from about 10pm till about 6:30 am and with previous software versions, I never had the phone go into yellow bars. So, I'm really not sure if battery life has improved with .109. I think it was much better with .103. I'll try to monitor it again tomorrow and see how things go throughout the day.
    02-25-09 01:42 AM

I would tend to agree. I can't tell the difference myself.

02-25-09 01:46 AM
    my battery is horrible and i barely run any programs. i moderately text and barely use my browser.
    i will go to work with 3 bars and after 4 hours of no use it will be dead

this has happened in every build.
    02-25-09 02:08 AM
    Installed .109 Sunday evening, did the well-known accu pull and charged battery fully after reboot. Still having about 55 percent now (Wed, 10am GMT+1). Use 2G only, stopped EventLog, and removed AppleBerry Skin (sigh...). Used the music player via Bluetooth for about 90 minutes. Some texts, about two dozens of mails, five to seven calls.
    IMO .109 is very battery-efficient.
    02-25-09 03:24 AM
    So far I can't tell much difference between the 103/106 hybrid I was running and this 109 I'm now into.

I get all day without problems...
    02-25-09 03:29 AM
    my battery is horrible and i barely run any programs. i moderately text and barely use my browser.

Take your phone in dude. Get a replacement. That is unacceptable.
    02-25-09 10:55 AM
    I would try running your batter all the way down until the Verizon sign off comes up, then do a battery pull, then a full uninterrupted charge. I had the similar problem ..Now I have great batter life
    02-25-09 11:03 AM
    I never have had this kind of battery problems with past releases. My battery life went from full charge at 7am to 50% at 10-10:30am.

I have used it less today then I usually do. I usually get 15-18 hours easy out of a charge and using the phone normal/heavy use all day.

I am trying a battery pull now....
    02-25-09 02:30 PM
    I never have had this kind of battery problems with past releases. My battery life went from full charge at 7am to 50% at 10-10:30am.

I have used it less today then I usually do. I usually get 15-18 hours easy out of a charge and using the phone normal/heavy use all day.

I am trying a battery pull now....
    I installed 109 last night. I did install from DM like your not supposed to. Had to restore 3rd party apps manually. Had to do the same for 103. Had no problems with 103, with a battery life lasting most of two full days.

I pulled my Storm off of the cradle this morning and headed out for work. Noticed when I walked into work at 6am, I was at 90%. My drive to work is 40 minutes. I ran around at work until 730am and noticed that my battery was down to 75%. At 9am it was 55%.

I found a micro USB cord so that I could charge here at work. Once I did that, I looked around right here at CB and eventually found a helpful answer.

I forgot that I had downloaded weatherbug the other day. I never even moved it from the download folder. It seems that when you install a new OS, weatherbug doesn't have any info anymore. You have to go in and tell it what you want it to do. If you don't, it uses your gps constantly until your battery dies. It may be possible that poynt does this too, but I took it off because it is such a memory leak.

So, I suggest, before you run off to the Verizon store, disable your apps that use gps, or make sure that they are set up correctly. Turn off you gps and turn it back on to see if that is the leak.

After I charged up and removed weatherbug (i am using accuweather), I have lost 5% of my battery charge in the last 4 hours.
    02-25-09 03:01 PM
    I initially had big problems with battery life after upgarding to .103 and subsequently to .109. I've since spent some time following advice in threads like this, this and this. My battery since then has been as good as it was prior to updating to .103 or .109, possibly even better but I can't say for sure yet. So thanks to those guys.
    02-25-09 03:13 PM

You're most likely in a low coverage(signal) area. That would cause your battery to die quickly regardless of what build you use.
    02-25-09 08:05 PM
    I went back to .103, I found .109's slightly faster speed not to be worth it, my battery drains twice as fast, the memory went from 51mb to 35 in less than a half hour, 5 different battery pulls and it did the same thing with the memory, within a half of day it was down to 22mb. also, I don't think all the themes work correctly with the new platform. I had a theme custom made for me and it was all messed up, downgraded to .103 and it worked perfect. with .103 i am at a steady 40mb to 32mb and my battery life is back to normal. I pray the next leak is better than his garbage. This is just my opinion based on my personal findings.
    02-25-09 09:20 PM
    I went back to .103, I found .109's slightly faster speed not to be worth it, my battery drains twice as fast, the memory went from 51mb to 35 in less than a half hour, 5 different battery pulls and it did the same thing with the memory, within a half of day it was down to 22mb. also, I don't think all the themes work correctly with the new platform. I had a theme custom made for me and it was all messed up, downgraded to .103 and it worked perfect. with .103 i am at a steady 40mb to 32mb and my battery life is back to normal. I pray the next leak is better than his garbage. This is just my opinion based on my personal findings.
    Works perfectly for me. I took it off the charger at 8am, Used it extensively all day, its now 11:18 pm and I still have 40% left.

Its weird how everyones experience with .109 varies to such extremes??
    02-25-09 10:22 PM
    So far, coming back into my thread for the second day test I decided to do nearly nothing on my BB and see if it made a difference.
    Unplugged at 7:05am. Hit 50% at 11pm EST. Not too bad. I'm having great battery life.

For anyone who's wondering why another stupid battery thread is that it helps people out who don't know what to do about their drained up battery, and the title shows a clear statement that this is a battery finding thread.
    02-25-09 10:28 PM
    No battery issues here guys/gals
    02-25-09 10:37 PM
    My life sucks compared to the 103/109 hybrid.
    02-26-09 03:52 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD