I had the same problem with .85 and with .99 and one other time on my wifes storm when we were out of town. The fix which has worked reliably for us each time is this:

1. Crank up the Brightness to 100 (Options/Screen Keyboard/Backlight Brightness = 100)
    2. Open the Media Player select Videos and click on BabylonAD (set the REPEAT option)
    3. Let it PLAY and PLAY and PLAY untill the phone is dead. Try turning your phone on a few times and when it won't do anything plug it into the charger and let it charge completely.

I either turn the volume down and leave it on a counter OR crank up the volume and stick the phone in my sock drawer to muffle the sound. On the counter with the volume down works better for me just because I have forgotten the phone a few times till the next morning when it was out of sight.

For whatever reason this Resets the Battery meter and allows the phone to go back to optimum battery usage and displays the correct amount left.

I do this once a month with all my electronics, GPS, Phone, Laptop, etc

To sumarize... run the battery all the way down till it wont turn on and charge completely.
    02-04-09 01:21 PM
    I had the same problem with .85 and with .99 and one other time on my wifes storm when we were out of town. The fix which has worked reliably for us each time is this:

1. Crank up the Brightness to 100 (Options/Screen Keyboard/Backlight Brightness = 100)
    2. Open the Media Player select Videos and click on BabylonAD (set the REPEAT option)
    3. Let it PLAY and PLAY and PLAY untill the phone is dead. Try turning your phone on a few times and when it won't do anything plug it into the charger and let it charge completely.

I either turn the volume down and leave it on a counter OR crank up the volume and stick the phone in my sock drawer to muffle the sound. On the counter with the volume down works better for me just because I have forgotten the phone a few times till the next morning when it was out of sight.

For whatever reason this Resets the Battery meter and allows the phone to go back to optimum battery usage and displays the correct amount left.

I do this once a month with all my electronics, GPS, Phone, Laptop, etc

To sumarize... run the battery all the way down till it wont turn on and charge completely.
    I hate to dis-agree but there is a LOT of information out there about lithium batteries that contradict your statement. Such as this:

1. Charge often. Don't try to fully discharge the battery packs frequently. This only adds strain. Several partial discharges (regular use) with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one total discharge.
    Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion battery pack does not cause any harm because it has no "memory".
    2. Avoid heat. Short battery life in model airplanes is more likely to be caused by heat rather than charge/discharge patterns. Keep the lithium-ion battery cool. Avoid a hot car, for example.
    3. Don't charge up the battery pack just to store it away. When storing for long periods of time, keep the battery at a 40% charge level. Consider removing the battery from a laptop when running on fixed power. (Some laptop manufacturers are concerned about dust and moisture accumulating inside the battery casing.)
    4. Use the right charger. By now you probably know that each kind of battery has its own technology, its own rate of charge and so on. Charging lithium packs correctly is one way to extend their life and to avoid damage. The NMP lithium-ion charger is designed specifically for charging the NMP lithium-ion battery pack safely, on the bench, in the field, or in the car.
    5. Don't use old batteries. Avoid purchasing spare lithium-ion batteries for later use. While it makes perfect sense to have 2 or 3 extra battery packs, so that you always have a fresh one charged up and ready to go, it isn't a great idea to just buy up batteries and keep them around for years before using them.
    02-04-09 01:25 PM
    I was using .75 and could go several days if I was not using my BB. Today i tried .99 and with in 6 hours of non use the battery was dead. There IS a problem with .99 and battery life.
    02-10-09 01:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD