I take my phone off the charger at 6:00am every morning, and it's dead by 2:00pm...EVERYDAY. All the apps are off, the backlight brightness is at it's lowest setting, the backlight only stays on for 10 seconds, I turn my browser off when not in use, etc, etc, etc...I followed all the tips I could find online. The Verizon folks are sending me a new battery, but I am not sure if that will help. I literally use my phone for the basics: a couple of short phone calls, a few texts, email, and maybe 15-20 minutes/day on the browser. Is anyone else having this much trouble with their battery? My 8830 battery still last 3-4 days...and it's 15 months old.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    12-24-08 03:15 PM
    What OS are you running?

You may also need another battery. My battery would last for about 3 days or so with .83...but just this morning the battery randomly decided that it wasn't in its best interest to hold a charge, period. Took it to the VZW store and they gave me a new battery free of charge.
    12-24-08 03:28 PM
    I'm running the .75....waiting for the .83 to become "official". Yeah, they are sending me a new battery and I hope that's all that is wrong. I LOVE the phone, but am prepared to return it if I have to charge the battery 2-3 times a day.
    12-24-08 03:31 PM
    I'm running the .75....waiting for the .83 to become "official". Yeah, they are sending me a new battery and I hope that's all that is wrong. I LOVE the phone, but am prepared to return it if I have to charge the battery 2-3 times a day.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for an official release of .83. A lot of people on here with the leaked version are having problems, an official release would just be the same .83 that I have but just widely distributed by VZW.

I'm sure an official release by VZW will be provided sometime in January (I base this off nothing so don't quote me on it) but when an official release is provided, its numerical notation will be higher than .83.

I hope the new battery fixes your problem. I typically had to charge my phone daily before getting .83. I think .83 fixed most of the issues because when you lock your phone, touching your screen won't cause the screen to light up asking you to unlock your phone, only pressing the physical keys would cause the prompt to show.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 12-24-08 at 03:35 PM.
    12-24-08 03:33 PM
    My battery last allll day. Might either be the os you are running or a bad battery. I'm always getting crap from my co workers that I'm always on my phone too. I had the iphone 3g and the g1. This phones battery is way bet
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mario8267; 12-24-08 at 03:36 PM.
    12-24-08 03:33 PM
    I upgraded to the new operating system and my battery life went through the roof. I have left it unplugged for days at. Time nd based on the data I use I get a pretty good life out of it

12-24-08 03:40 PM
    Upgrade, and make sure you don't have a lot of background programs running. Applications don't actually close just because you hit the red button. Lots of things could be running and eatting your battery.
    12-24-08 03:43 PM
    ditch the storm :P

I did :P
    12-24-08 03:51 PM
    I take my phone off the charger at 6:00am every morning, and it's dead by 2:00pm...EVERYDAY. All the apps are off, the backlight brightness is at it's lowest setting, the backlight only stays on for 10 seconds, I turn my browser off when not in use, etc, etc, etc...I followed all the tips I could find online. The Verizon folks are sending me a new battery, but I am not sure if that will help. I literally use my phone for the basics: a couple of short phone calls, a few texts, email, and maybe 15-20 minutes/day on the browser. Is anyone else having this much trouble with their battery? My 8830 battery still last 3-4 days...and it's 15 months old.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

call verizon customer service , tell them what u told us, they will send u a new battery. supposedly alot of people are getting new batteries for free. i know someone personally who got a new one bc of complaining about battery life
    12-24-08 04:12 PM
    This may have been said earlier but ill tell my story any ways. The first week I had my storm my battery life sucked. Would be at 10% by 6 pm. After draining the battery completely then doing 2 or 3 full 12 hour charges I have not had any more issues.

12-24-08 04:16 PM
    I think your device is abnormal. Few abnormalities do not make every unit "suck" This view must be from the school of broad mindedness and perspectives. Small instances does not change the whole.

Does it ever occur to you that your battery isn't performing correctly and maybe you should go by one of the VZW store. Sometime like this happens.. and it is rare. Return rate on these "closed-in" devices like BlackBerry are significantly lower than the "opened" system.
    12-24-08 08:10 PM
    Have you done a full charge before? That is a charge where the lightning bolt goes away? The phone will say 100% but it isn't completely charged, at least for the first complete charge, until the lightning bolt goes away. This can take as much as 2 more hours after your phone declares 100% battery. That has been my experience anyway. My battery life was horrible until I did a charge in this manner.
    12-24-08 08:20 PM
    call verizon customer service , tell them what u told us, they will send u a new battery. supposedly alot of people are getting new batteries for free. i know someone personally who got a new one bc of complaining about battery life
    I did because it wouldn't hold a charge period. I got a new one free of charge...this one will only stay charged for about 8 hours before it completely dies...so I'll have to go back to VZW tomorrow and have them give me another battery.
    12-25-08 12:33 PM
    rolled back to .75.delete viigo and weather app.

charged yesterday morning. did a few text's looked at pictures used camera with flash. email. installed a new app. checked messages.
    Its at 85% almost 24 hours later.
    you either have something running and burning up data and battery or your blocked from the tower and the phone is ramping up to power a stronger signal.
    One maybe a dud but not 3.
    12-26-08 09:42 AM
    Needs Standby Mode So Bad!!!! Why Was This Feature Taken Off This New Blackberry!!! Makes No Sense!!! Especially Considering 3g And Touch Screen Eat Up Battery Life!!! What A Dumb Dumb Dumb Decision!!!!
    12-27-08 04:30 PM
    I found my battery wore down faster when using Global selection in Networks..
    Not quite that fast.. I use mine about the same as you, but only have to charge my phone every other night.

Hints:
    1) Dont charge until you need it
    2) Make sure you are fully charged before disconnecting
    3) repeated battery pulls while the phone is on may affect battery life.
    Try downloading a Battery pull simulator (check posts here)
    02-22-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD