I have the 4.7 141 and my battery blows! Other than that it works great no other problems.
    05-18-09 05:43 PM
    what apps do you have installed on your phone (Options > Advanced Options > Applications post that list here)

Some apps can kill battery life by doing constant updates, or if they are running in the background all the time.

What is your definition of "Blows" please elaborate more on how you are using your phone, and how long it is lasting (1hr, 5hr, 2 days, etc)

And BTW welcome to CB
    05-18-09 05:48 PM
    Ok here is what i mean that it sucks, it only last me about 5hrs on a good day if i am lucky. i dont even use the browser that much.
    Here are my apps: Facebook(never on it though), iheartradio, quickpull v2, Trapster, viigo, Vlingo version 3.0, and all the stuff that comes with the phone.

Thank you i have been on this site like every day, just decided to get an account! Hints Tired of my battery! lol
    05-18-09 06:04 PM
    use the .109 radio file. Battery will last 2 days but you'll drop every call and SMS's will hang in limbo until they say maximum retries reached.
    05-18-09 06:08 PM
    I had a similar issue when I upgraded to 141. I downgraded the radio to 132 and it seems to be doing much better and putting out less heat from whatever was using that process.

You can grab the radio-version changer at lyricidal's site - see his post titled 9530/9500 .141/5.0.0.93[9000] Hybrid (BETA)
    05-18-09 06:10 PM
    use the .109 radio file. Battery will last 2 days but you'll drop every call and SMS's will hang in limbo until they say maximum retries reached.
    interesting, i have used .109 for months now and have never experienced either of those issues...
    05-18-09 06:11 PM
    Why would i want that then? makes no sense. Im just wondering if there is something that i can do that will last me just a day.
    05-18-09 06:17 PM
    I had the 132 and it was OK but my service janky, but thanks for the suggestion.
    05-18-09 06:23 PM
    I had the 132 and it was OK but my service janky, but thanks for the suggestion.
    There is a direct correlation between your radio power and your battery life. Unfortunately they're both mutually exclusive. You either charge your phone more often or you drop calls. The phenomenon you're realizing is an engineering balancing act that RIM's developers have to play in order to satisfy both of the expectations of the device.
    05-18-09 06:27 PM
    that makes since, what your saying is basically just have to wait for the new os. Ill Just wait i guess. what version are you running
    05-18-09 06:30 PM
    what version are you running
    .141 with the .132 "net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod" file to stop the phone from unlocking via all the hard buttons. I can't say my battery life is horrible, but I wouldn't call it good either.
    05-18-09 06:33 PM
    Batt life wont improve until they release a official os! its hard cause the storm is a touch screen and it uses alot of batt. life. Imo i just think tha storm is a big dissapointment!!!
    05-18-09 07:37 PM
    I had the same issue. When I went to .141/5.0, my battery would only last about 6 hours and the phone would stay hot most of the time. I was only running the standard apps plus viigo, google maps. Switched back to .132 and phone seems fine. I really didn't notice any difference in performance on .141/5.0, I just wanted to have the newest and shiniest.
    05-18-09 07:49 PM
    i know this doesnt directly answer your initial question, but i got the seidio extended battery, and man am i in love. the battery lasts WAY longer, and it doesnt add an annoying amount of bulk. i actually kind of like the feel of the extended battery more now!
    05-18-09 07:57 PM
    I had a problem with .141 and my battery life as well. I was down to 8hrs with moderate/light use. Started uninstalling programs trying to figure out what was happening and nothing seemed to help. Finally as a last ditch attempt before getting a new battery I wiped my Storm and reloaded .141 and all of my same programs. My battery life is now back to 24hrs. I'm still not sure what happened exactly but I gathered that my system files must have gotten corrupted and caused a memory leak/battery leak.
    05-18-09 08:48 PM
    I had the same issue. When I went to .141/5.0, my battery would only last about 6 hours and the phone would stay hot most of the time. I was only running the standard apps plus viigo, google maps. Switched back to .132 and phone seems fine. I really didn't notice any difference in performance on .141/5.0, I just wanted to have the newest and shiniest.
    I feel the same way. I thought that my version .122 ran not as quick but overall smoother. Dont' have the glitch with the media player and my camera is still as quick. I also just wanted the newest thing out but everything new isnt glitz and glamour!
    05-18-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD