does anybody else that is running .99 agree that the battery life blows in this release. I want to make sure its not just me but im charging my phone at least two times a day with close to average usage... sometimes even three. and it all started after i upgraded the leak.. .which kinda sucks because i think it is the best leak so far other then that little tidbit.... so.. thoughts opinions?
    02-05-09 10:37 PM
    What kind of 3rd party apps are you running? I get SICK battery life on .99 only running Weatherbug.
    02-05-09 10:40 PM
    Mine is phenomenal...the best of all releases it seems. Took it off the charger Wed morning and I'm still sitting at 2 bars tonight.
    02-05-09 10:41 PM
    my batt is just fine on .99 did you try putting the plug into the socket?? lol j/k but really no problems on my phone at all
    02-05-09 10:42 PM
    I agree with you the battery life is not good on .99. .86 has had the best battery life.
    02-05-09 10:47 PM
    I was worried it was misreporting, so I didn't charge it till it died. It lasted 2 1/2 day and still had 40%. I got nervous and charged it.
    02-05-09 10:47 PM
    I can go 2-3 days without charging my storm on .99 and im only running weatherbug with moderate use.
    02-05-09 10:50 PM
    Actually, .90 gave me pretty crappy battery life, but .99 is great. Rebooted the phone at least 2 times for ScreenLock updates, and it's been running for two days without charging, with a few short phone calls, some emails, and when I went home for the day maybe 3 hours ago it still had about 3.5 bars left on the battery meter.
    02-05-09 10:51 PM
    I agree my battery seems a lot worse than it was running .86. Charged last nite and was almost dead by 7PM tonight. The same thing happened yesterday. Just oridinary use.
    02-05-09 10:51 PM
    My battery life is horrible. I'm not even getting 18 hours out of it. Could be the cold weather, but running nothing barely gets me a full day. I have the phone off for 8 hours a day!!!
    02-05-09 11:00 PM
    I am getting great battery life with .99.
    02-05-09 11:00 PM
    My battery sucks too and I am running .99.........By the way, so does the typing, camera and voice quality.......lol.
    02-05-09 11:07 PM
    Battery is really bad with .99. Its only lasting 8 hrs and not really using the phone at all. Only have Weatherbug; which I deleted, and half AP News, WSJ Mobile, and thats it.
    02-05-09 11:16 PM
    Right now, I'm getting decent battery life. Originally It was garbage when I was at work ... That was because of thick buildings and thin signal bars ... the unit looking for a good signal ate the battery.

Today, I spent 3 hours on the freeway here in L.A. (Rain + L.A. drivers = major lulz), all the while using slacker to play in my car stereo ... I just got home and my battery is around 50% from a full charge this morning.
    02-05-09 11:17 PM
    My battery life is horrible on .99 browsing for five minutes and I lose five percent of battery. The OS is great but the battery made me downgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 11:27 PM
    ya.. kinda glad im not the only one with the issue then.. lol.. but i agree on web browsing and you tube.. i know these will drain battery no matter what software version but before i could browse way longer without the battery dropping.... maybe the data connection just really sucks the juice out of the phone...
    02-06-09 12:10 AM
    My battery life blows... Worse that I have had so far. But everything else seems alright. My keyboard and menu color is pixley but my pictures look great.... Whatever.
    02-06-09 01:45 AM
    my battery life is great. i have .99 and it last about 1 and a half days with hardcore use. Using slacker all day at work texting and email contantly and hours of phone use and more. I'm actually very impressed by my storm. I haven't had any of the common problems i've been reading about.
    02-06-09 02:06 PM
    check and make sure your 3rd party apps are not drainging your battery. I had to delete weather bug to get mine to last several days without charging. now it is great. 3 days without a charge is good imo.
    02-06-09 02:28 PM
    does anybody else that is running .99 agree that the battery life blows in this release. I want to make sure its not just me but im charging my phone at least two times a day with close to average usage... sometimes even three. and it all started after i upgraded the leak.. .which kinda sucks because i think it is the best leak so far other then that little tidbit.... so.. thoughts opinions?
    Big Phat Battery Pack.

This OS is sucking volts big time. I've noticed that on a call for 40 minutes or more will erode it more than anything else and quickly. Never had that problem on any of the previous builds since getting this new extended battery.

Only other complaint with .99 is the typing lag and the constant hourglass as the OS processes.

Have a great weekend everybody!
    02-06-09 02:47 PM
    A lot of people, including myself, have uninstalled weatherbug and found that to be the culprit of the horrible battery life.
    02-06-09 02:55 PM
    My 9500 is running .100 and I have to agree that Weatherbug kills the battery like nothing else.

After disabling GPS, lowering screen brightness, shortening backlight time and CLOSING all apps carefully, I was still losing 25% battery life in 6 hours with the phone on standby only (no calls or reading emails or texts).

I removed Weatherbug last night, did a charge to 100% and a battery pull and then took the phone off charge all night. After 7 hours on standby I was at 99%. A couple more hours later at light use I'm at 95%.

This is BY FAR the best result I've had so far. I might even get a day and a half which will suit me perfectly.

So Weatherbug Guys, sort out the problem because the app is terrific and useful but not at the expense of so much battery life.
    02-08-09 04:12 PM
    I lose about 20% battery life after 24 hours, with moderate use.
    02-08-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD