For the first 4 months I owned my Storm 2, the battery life allowed me to use it for 24 hours (actually 16 hours of usage and 8 hours of charging) before the battery needed charging. Then all the sudden the battery life was down to about 6 hours max before needing a charge. Verizon replaced the battery and I got the 24 hour usage back. Now after another 5 months or so, the battery is again being discharged after 5 or 6 hours of usage. My usage is not particularly high. I have done all the things the forum says is necessary to extend battery life. Verizon just replaced my battery again yesterday and at least today it looks like it is again back to normal. I normally charge my battery overnight using the supplied 120 volt charger. Since my 12 months of usage is about up, I expect no more free batteries from Verizon. Is 4 or 5 months of usage the normal time to wear out a battery? Could there be something wrong with my Storm 2 that could be effecting battery life?
    10-04-10 02:23 PM
    For the first 4 months I owned my Storm 2, the battery life allowed me to use it for 24 hours (actually 16 hours of usage and 8 hours of charging) before the battery needed charging. Then all the sudden the battery life was down to about 6 hours max before needing a charge. Verizon replaced the battery and I got the 24 hour usage back. Now after another 5 months or so, the battery is again being discharged after 5 or 6 hours of usage. My usage is not particularly high. I have done all the things the forum says is necessary to extend battery life. Verizon just replaced my battery again yesterday and at least today it looks like it is again back to normal. I normally charge my battery overnight using the supplied 120 volt charger. Since my 12 months of usage is about up, I expect no more free batteries from Verizon. Is 4 or 5 months of usage the normal time to wear out a battery? Could there be something wrong with my Storm 2 that could be effecting battery life?
    It doesn't seem like anything is necessarily wrong with your device, unless it's doing something over time that after a while (4-5 in your case) makes the batteries drain suddenly. I'm curious as to whether it's taking the same time to charge as it always has - when it starts draining faster does the time to charge change with it? And I can't speak for other users, but I'm still on my original battery from my 1st device, and I swap it daily with one I purchased with a charging pod. I haven't noticed any severe changes, but I have noticed that lately it does seem to drain a little faster no matter which battery is in. There's another thread discussing whether MeterBerry is the culprit, and I would pin my increased drain on that at the moment. Yours seems like something different, but I'll post the link in case you're curious.
    10-05-10 02:51 AM
    Hi,

Tips to avoid battery drain :

1) Bluetooth (Chk if it is turned off)

2) Low signal strength ( If the signal strength is low the device will consume alot of battery in order maintain the signal strength)

3) Unwanted applications running in background (Hunt for such applications and close them as they would sucking the battery life.

4) Optimize your screen brightness to increase battery life.

5) Follow a regular charge and discharge cycle of the battery.

Thanks,

Rohit
    10-05-10 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD