Ok, so I've been reading a lot about battery life and how terrible it is and I'm really confused on the issue. The reason being is because I use my storm a **** of a lot on a given day and by the end of the day I find I run it all the way to the low battery beep. Now, by a **** of a lot I mean A LOT of texting, frequent BBM, A CRAP TON of browsing, pix messaging and a few phone calls that last anywhere between 5-20 minutes. My inquiry is what would be good battery life for this device? I mean, in comparing to my nintendo ds or psp, it's been getting the same amount of life. (about 12 hours) So is that good or bad? And if it's bad, please guide my thinking in the right direction about how long this thing should last. Thank you in advance. :-)

EDIT: sorry for posting this here...i thought i was in general discussion for the storm :-(
    Last edited by justdrew1985; 02-13-09 at 02:38 PM. Reason: wrong area
    02-13-09 02:37 PM
    I'd say that is pretty good for what you do.
    02-13-09 02:39 PM
    I'd say that is pretty good for what you do.
    Thank you for the quick reply. Well that's one opinion that makes me feel a little better. Anyone else have input? :-)
    02-13-09 02:43 PM
    I agree thats pretty normal life for the hardcore usage u put it through, I use mine alot, lots of browsing, txts and calls which last anywhere up to 30mins (usually to the mrs) and find i've got 1 or 2 bars left at the end of the day. It suits me aslong as it doesnt die on me before i get home to stick it on charge
    02-13-09 02:48 PM
    There are so many variables I have had to battery life with this Storm that it is hard to tell what is good and what is not. I sometimes will go through two days with good battery life and some days it blitz on me 1/2 way through the day.

Of course, it all depends on my office, reception, internet usage, texting, etc. I see my battery life go up and down.

I have gone to buying a spare battery or an extended life one to have, just in case.
    02-13-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks guys it's nice to hear good input. My fears have pretty much been laid to rest...for now...until I freak out again in my brain lol

It suits me aslong as it doesnt die on me before i get home to stick it on charge
    Have you thought about a car charger? I always get one with every phone just in case because I'm a doofus sometimes and forget to charge the night before lol

I have gone to buying a spare battery or an extended life one to have, just in case.
    Have you used the extended one yet? Because I'm interested in that one a lot and I want to know if it's worth it or not. :-)
    02-13-09 03:00 PM
    If you asked me yesterday, I would tell you it sucked, but I'm blaming that on a theme. Today, I've been beating the snot out of it and I just hit 92%. Yesterday I was dead two hours ago. This phone actually has better battery life then any other smart phone I've used. Fairs better then my wifes 8830 and she has the 1600mah battery.
    02-13-09 03:06 PM
    If you asked me yesterday, I would tell you it sucked, but I'm blaming that on a theme. Today, I've been beating the snot out of it and I just hit 92%. Yesterday I was dead two hours ago. This phone actually has better battery life then any other smart phone I've used. Fairs better then my wifes 8830 and she has the 1600mah battery.
    woah you think it has to do with the themes? because I have the dark knight theme on mine at the moment...
    02-13-09 03:30 PM
    It's just a hypothesis. That's what killed it for me. I had a couple themes installed, and one active and my phone would go from full to dead in 5-6 hours. I blamed it on the upgrade to .103 as I did them in the same hour, but after testing a few things and noticing that themes were the only thing other then the OS that changed, I pulled them off and I've been going for 9 hours and i'm just now hitting 89%. It's actually kinda funny. .103 is giving me the best battery life of all so far, when yesterday, it was the worst. Might be a 3rd party app too though from what I've been reading.
    02-13-09 03:50 PM
    It's just a hypothesis. That's what killed it for me. I had a couple themes installed, and one active and my phone would go from full to dead in 5-6 hours. I blamed it on the upgrade to .103 as I did them in the same hour, but after testing a few things and noticing that themes were the only thing other then the OS that changed, I pulled them off and I've been going for 9 hours and i'm just now hitting 89%. It's actually kinda funny. .103 is giving me the best battery life of all so far, when yesterday, it was the worst. Might be a 3rd party app too though from what I've been reading.
    Good to know....I shall see how my phone goes for the remainder of the day and tomorrow and if it's really **** (which so far so good) I'll definitely try this. Thanx :-)
    02-13-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD