1. Battery Life Fix

Like many users I've seen on this forum, I was experiencing tremendously short battery life (not even lasting 8 hours) even after an over night charge for 10 hours or so. Now after some trial and error, I think I've fixed it...and after 24 hours of use, my battery is only down 25%, and can easily last 3 days of light to moderate use.

This is how...(1) Even after charging my battery for 10 hours, that damn lightning bolt would not go away, but my status on the blackberry told me the battery was at 100%....DO NOT BELIEVE THIS STATUS - KEEP CHARGING AND CHARGING THAT GOD DAMN THING UNTIL THE BOLT HAS GONE AWAY! It literally took me more than 12 hours the first time charging it for the bolt to go away, but ITS WORTH IT! Leave it on the charger until that bolt goes away and you'll be amazed at the difference. (2) AIM IS A BATTERY KILLER! I noticed that even when I closed out AIM, for some reason my AIM would still sign on at random times and draink my battery life. I couldn't pin point what triggerred it to sign on...but I found a way to stop it from successfullly signing on. I unchecked the box that said "automatically sign me on" in the AIM window, and since then I don't get automatic and random sign ons that drain my battery life. Now.....My blackberry can last 3 days easy on one charge!

2. I can hear my callers fine...BUT THEY CAN NEVER HEAR ME!

I bought my blackberry at bestbuy, and I wanted some protection from the begining...so they sold me on the BLACKBERRY BRAND SKIN! It fits great, and I like how it feels, but I found it to be the culprit to one of my biggest issues with the storm. I was getting constant complaints from everyone I called to "speak up' and that "your voice is all muffled". I never thought that the blackberry brand skin would be this problem since its approved by RIM---but I was dead wrong. Once I took the skin off and made calls back to the same people that had complaints...they said it sounded a million times better, and very clear. I put the skin back on and checked if it was blocking the mic hole....IT IS NOT! I can't understand why the skin affects it, but the rubbers thickness does surround the hole, so that may very well be blocking sound. I was very dissapointed about this because I loved my skin.....Does anyone know if the skins on crackberry affect voice quality? Are other people having issues with the Blackberry Brand skin?

I literally almost returned my BB storm after 6 days of use beacuse of the horrible and unacceptable battery life and call quality complaints...and I thought maybe I just need a new blackberry, and I got a dudd (which seems like what many are jumping to on these forums). Try these 2 things first! It has made me love my blackberry 100x more! Hope this helped people with the same issues I have experienced. Please let me know what skins people are not having problems with sound quality wise.
    12-28-08 11:41 AM
    thanks for the infomation
    12-28-08 11:49 AM
    Well im glad you got yours figured out. But others are having the same issues, but with different programs. Programs that have the same actions and run in the back ground. You need to try each program out and note its battery and memory usage. Others are also having call quality issues, but again its from other reasons. If you find those threads and post this in there, It would be more likely to help someone possibly suffering from these issues.

I see your new here and as am I. Ill tell you that this forum is quite cluttered. Its hard to find things and even more of a pain to keep up with all the repetative questions within a thread of 50 pages.

Odds are if you do a search some one has asked it probably at least 5-10 times.

I actually have been monitoring my battery life and have been reporting it in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bat...ast-me-120139/

I suggest subscribing to threads you want to watch or they will be lost forever.
    12-28-08 12:00 PM
    1. Battery Life Fix

Like many users I've seen on this forum, I was experiencing tremendously short battery life (not even lasting 8 hours) even after an over night charge for 10 hours or so. Now after some trial and error, I think I've fixed it...and after 24 hours of use, my battery is only down 25%, and can easily last 3 days of light to moderate use.

This is how...(1) Even after charging my battery for 10 hours, that damn lightning bolt would not go away, but my status on the blackberry told me the battery was at 100%....DO NOT BELIEVE THIS STATUS - KEEP CHARGING AND CHARGING THAT GOD DAMN THING UNTIL THE BOLT HAS GONE AWAY! It literally took me more than 12 hours the first time charging it for the bolt to go away, but ITS WORTH IT! Leave it on the charger until that bolt goes away and you'll be amazed at the difference. (2) AIM IS A BATTERY KILLER! I noticed that even when I closed out AIM, for some reason my AIM would still sign on at random times and draink my battery life. I couldn't pin point what triggerred it to sign on...but I found a way to stop it from successfullly signing on. I unchecked the box that said "automatically sign me on" in the AIM window, and since then I don't get automatic and random sign ons that drain my battery life. Now.....My blackberry can last 3 days easy on one charge!

2. I can hear my callers fine...BUT THEY CAN NEVER HEAR ME!

I bought my blackberry at bestbuy, and I wanted some protection from the begining...so they sold me on the BLACKBERRY BRAND SKIN! It fits great, and I like how it feels, but I found it to be the culprit to one of my biggest issues with the storm. I was getting constant complaints from everyone I called to "speak up' and that "your voice is all muffled". I never thought that the blackberry brand skin would be this problem since its approved by RIM---but I was dead wrong. Once I took the skin off and made calls back to the same people that had complaints...they said it sounded a million times better, and very clear. I put the skin back on and checked if it was blocking the mic hole....IT IS NOT! I can't understand why the skin affects it, but the rubbers thickness does surround the hole, so that may very well be blocking sound. I was very dissapointed about this because I loved my skin.....Does anyone know if the skins on crackberry affect voice quality? Are other people having issues with the Blackberry Brand skin?

I literally almost returned my BB storm after 6 days of use beacuse of the horrible and unacceptable battery life and call quality complaints...and I thought maybe I just need a new blackberry, and I got a dudd (which seems like what many are jumping to on these forums). Try these 2 things first! It has made me love my blackberry 100x more! Hope this helped people with the same issues I have experienced. Please let me know what skins people are not having problems with sound quality wise.
    In regards to you sounding muffled or far away when you are talking to someone, I don't think it's the skin. I have Phantomskinz on my phone and evreyone says that I sound perfect. I did have a problem where I did sound muffled and far away. It was quite annoying since I found myself yelling at everyone that I talked too. I got a replacement phone about 3 weeks ago due to this. The replacement phone has been 100% better as far as sound quality on both ends. I haven't had a complaint about sounding muffled or being far away. I'm not sure what effects your skin has on your phone but my skin has not given me any problems with sound quality.
    12-28-08 12:45 PM
    Its useful for folks to know that when you get a new phone with a lithium batt, you MUST charge it for at least 12 hours without use for the first time. VZW used to tell people this but they dont anymore.

If you didnt do this, overnight charges and full drainage for a couple of nights can fix poor batt performance.

Also, muffled sounds can also be a hardware/software issue with the phone's mic
    12-28-08 12:56 PM
    In regards to you sounding muffled or far away when you are talking to someone, I don't think it's the skin. I have Phantomskinz on my phone and evreyone says that I sound perfect. I did have a problem where I did sound muffled and far away. It was quite annoying since I found myself yelling at everyone that I talked too. I got a replacement phone about 3 weeks ago due to this. The replacement phone has been 100% better as far as sound quality on both ends. I haven't had a complaint about sounding muffled or being far away. I'm not sure what effects your skin has on your phone but my skin has not given me any problems with sound quality.
    By skin, I think he means the silicone ones. That makes sense because they get near the microphone hole on the bottom of the phone.
    12-28-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD