I charge my phone every night when i go to bed. since .90 my battery life has been horrible. when i get home from work it is used to be 80 - 85% but with .90 it has been around 65% when i get home from work around 5pm. Last night i drained the battery all the way down till it turns off the Radio. (don't completely drain the battery till its dead, its not good for these types of batteries if i understand correctly) when my battery was at 20% i was able to watch an 1.5 hour video before it changed from 20% (i think it wasn't registering incorrectly) now that i have let it drain all the way down and did a full charge, i got back from work today and it was at 85% couldn't be happier.

I don't know this for a fact but it seems like installing a new OS causes the battery level to be thrown off. and draining the battery all the way seems to correct this.

Anyone else notice this.
    Last edited by coolfroggy26; 01-26-09 at 05:22 PM.
    01-26-09 05:15 PM
    You have inadvertently discovered what battery manufacturers have known for years. These batteries mut be periodically conditioned by a fulll discharge followed by a full uninterrupted charge.. My laptop manufacturer recommends this as a once a month activity and has a battery calibration procedure associated with it. Absolute necessity for max battery life. Slightly annoying to do. 73
    01-26-09 08:37 PM
    mine actually showing the other way. The battery is draing too fast. even though at work I charged with usb for couple of hrs. Today I can not view the pictures. The battery life is only 25% left.
    01-26-09 09:05 PM
    It seems that an OS update might cause it to go out of wack since it seems like a lot of people are having battery problems after they do an OS Update
    01-26-09 09:09 PM
    Actually with lithium ion you are not supposed to let it die down, but top it off often. On the other hand, a drain all the way down as far as you can go will calibrate the actual guage for the battery.
    01-27-09 01:33 AM
    Well so far I haven't really been able to tell the difference in battery life by switching to .90 but now my phone will not dim. This just happened all of a sudden and I am extremely worried about the life of my battery now.
    01-27-09 08:07 AM
    I practice this almost everyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:13 AM
    I am having the same issue with my phone no longer dimming since upgrading to .90. It is draining my battery quite rapidly.
    01-27-09 08:17 AM
    I am having the same issue with my phone no longer dimming since upgrading to .90. It is draining my battery quite rapidly.
    Battery pull will fix this.....
    01-27-09 08:21 AM
    people have reported that if you change the dim time and save it.. go out.. it will fix it.. you can also change it back to origional save and go back out.
    01-27-09 08:22 AM
    Battery pull will fix this.....
    I did 2 battery pulls a day (which drains the battery as well) to try and fix this, and they were not correcting the backlight issue.

Back to .75 until a stable OS comes out. The random reboots and freezes drove me insane
    01-27-09 09:21 AM
    Well I did reset the dim time and saved it a few times, and that did not fix the problem. I also tried to turn the phone off and back on, and it just hung for a while but would not turn off. Soooooo.....I did the battery pull. All seems to be fixed with the dimming issue now. I suspect my battery life will return to "normal" now as well.

Thanks!
    01-27-09 09:27 AM
    I had to do a couple of battery pulls and changed the dim time, this seemed to have worked for now. Other than that I have had only a few freezes but the new OS is worth these few minor issues for now. I just cannot wait for an official OS to be releases.
    01-27-09 01:33 PM
    A battery pull won't fix it for good. If you notice the backlight staying on just go to options>screen/keyboard and hit menu>save. No need to change the dim time. Annoying but it only takes about two seconds and works.
    Last edited by clockvstrain; 01-27-09 at 01:43 PM.
    01-27-09 01:41 PM
    I did 2 battery pulls a day (which drains the battery as well) to try and fix this, and they were not correcting the backlight issue.

Back to .75 until a stable OS comes out. The random reboots and freezes drove me insane
    Sorry that didn't work for ya.

I've had the backlight problem a couple of times, and a batt pull has worked each time.

As for the acutal battery life itself, it's definitely worse on .90 with me (as you mentioned it's even worse when you're doing pulls all day), however i'm not sure it has anything to do with fully draining the battery and then recharging it. I've been doing that since day one and my battery life has been excellent until .90.
    I think it has more to do with the OS settling in and have less issues after a couple of days of use.
    01-27-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD