Hi CrackBerry,

As of late, my BlackBerry's battery life has been decreasing a LOT. I have a few questions:

1) Has anyone else seen this?

2) Will Verizon send me a new battery free (it has been more than 30 days since I received it originally, but NOT the replacement)?

3) It's really only happened the last few days, does this ever happen where the battery just gives up?

4) Are there any ways to reset it...battery pulls, turn on and off, etc?

Thanks.

Paul
    03-08-09 05:01 PM
    Try doing a battery pull and see if that helps. Also, yet to cycle your battery by charging it fully and letting it die completely. Lastly, check which applications are running in the background as this could also be causing a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 05:59 PM
    Thanks for your response!!

I am charging it up fully now, and then I will do a battery pull...

Could it be my battery...should I call Verizon for a replacement?

Paul
    03-08-09 06:01 PM
    What is your setting here:
    options>advanced options>GPS>GPS Services

If I leave "Location On" and not "E911", my battery life is dramatically decreased.
    03-08-09 06:05 PM
    Also your bluetooth will decrease battery life turn of if not needed.

Connection Manager>Turn Bluetooth OFF
    03-08-09 06:10 PM
    Good point, thanks!

I actually do have it turned on "Location On"....

I don't use GPS that much, so I will disable this, and turn it on when needed. I have heard that this can improve battery life but forgot about this.

Thanks and I welcome any more suggestions.

Paul
    03-08-09 06:11 PM
    Also your bluetooth will decrease battery life turn of if not needed.

Connection Manager>Turn Bluetooth OFF
    I don't really use bluetooth so this was disabled...can this also drain battery life?

Thanks.

Paul
    03-08-09 06:12 PM
    I don't really use bluetooth so this was disabled...can this also drain battery life?

Thanks.

Paul
    No if it is turned off you are fine and location. Also, make sure you are fully closing your applications. An easy way to see all apps open and switch easily between them is to hold down your menu button for about 3-5 seconds.

To close an app fully push the menu button and click "Close" or push and hold the escape key for 3-5 sec.
    03-08-09 06:16 PM
    Okay,

Does keeping the Internet Browser on hard on battery life?

Thanks.

Paul
    03-08-09 06:18 PM
    Yea its better to keep it all closed unless needed.

The browser is kind of an integrated part of the OS itself so I would focus more on other apps being closed than that one if it is more convenient for you to have it open.
    03-08-09 06:20 PM
    Yea its better to keep it all closed unless needed.

The browser is kind of an integrated part of the OS itself so I would focus more on other apps being closed than that one if it is more convenient for you to have it open.
    Okay thanks, so I should be targeting the third party apps then?

Thanks.

Paul
    03-08-09 06:24 PM
    Okay thanks, so I should be targeting the third party apps then?

Thanks.

Paul
    Yea.........
    03-08-09 06:26 PM
    Yea.........
    Great, thanks!
    03-08-09 06:29 PM
    if none of that fixes the issue though, Verizon has a 1yr warranty on all their phones. So just go into a corporate store and speak with their technicians and just tell them that you kept the BT and Location off and you closed all apps. They will just replace the battery for a new one for you. Although they usually dont have them in store for BlackBerries so they will FedEx one to you.
    03-08-09 06:33 PM
    if none of that fixes the issue though, Verizon has a 1yr warranty on all their phones. So just go into a corporate store and speak with their technicians and just tell them that you kept the BT and Location off and you closed all apps. They will just replace the battery for a new one for you. Although they usually dont have them in store for BlackBerries so they will FedEx one to you.
    I knew that they did have this on their phones, but I thought that the battery wasn't included for some reason...

Thanks..

Paul
    03-08-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD