My battery life seems extraordinarily low all the time. Even if fully charged, it drains like nothing I have seen before.

I turned off bluetooth when I am not using it and it's still draining.

Any way to see if I have programs running in the background that I should turn off... Thanks.
    12-06-08 11:09 AM
    Have you tried to MR1 (.75) update on your storm?

You may also have a bad battery, but I would try the update first.
    12-06-08 11:12 AM
    If you want to see what's running in the background, press and hold the menu button while on the home screen. It will display all programs that are currently running. You can't shut certain ones down (phone, browser, messaging, etc). Make sure you have your phone set to 1xEV only, not global, as searching for a GSM connection will waste battery. Also make sure GPS is set to E911 only. I also found that lowering the display brightness and on-time made a big difference. I'm all the way down to 10% brightness (and 20 seconds before fade), and it's still plenty bright.

I typically use about 50% of my battery a day. I take the phone off the chager at about 6:30AM, and put it back on the charger around 11:30PM and let it charge overnight.
    12-06-08 11:15 AM
    If you search around for .... oh what the ****.
    Hold the BBerry key down until the pop-up list appears, or press it and choose switch application. Those are the ones that are running.Some always stay up (Phone, Home, messages) a total of 5 or 6) anything else you should close. If you are not using VZ Nav or visual vocemail or any other always on program then delete it. If you are using Viigo,then be aware that it reaches out on occassion. If you backlight is set high, lower it to 30 - i find this screen is plenty bright. Basically when you leave a program for good use exit, or it will stay running
    12-06-08 11:18 AM
    what is the proper way to close programs so they don't keep running?
    12-06-08 11:38 AM
    From the menu hit exit or close. Don't just hit the back key to get to the home screen.
    12-06-08 11:44 AM
    Open the program, hit the menu button, click close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 11:45 AM
    Open the program, hit the menu button, click close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I had BB Messanger running, and did this, and it moved it from middle of the programs listed as running to the end. hmmmm
    12-06-08 11:47 AM
    Yes, you have something(s) running
    12-06-08 11:54 AM
    I had BB Messanger running, and did this, and it moved it from middle of the programs listed as running to the end. hmmmm
    There are certain apps that you cannot close completely, such as the app store, BB messenger, phone, and a few others. Try to close them all and you'll quickly learn which ones stick around.

You could uninstall your BB messenger if you didn't want it running I suppose. Well I assume you can get rid of it anyway.. I don't know for sure.
    12-06-08 11:56 AM
    Correct, BB messenger is one of the programs you can't close.

The programs that will remain running are:

Phone
    Home
    App Center
    Browser

If you're using VVM it will stay open as well. There may be others depending on what's on your phone.
    12-06-08 11:56 AM
    Some programs are always running in the background and cannot be closed.
    12-06-08 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD