I'm a fairly new Storm user (and new BB user as well), and thus far, I'm loving it. Not finding a lot of the "problems" that the many reviews I read on the storm pointed out before I bought it. I am curious, however, if there is any way to improve battery life. I find that I can get about 2 days or so out of it with moderate use texting ect. I've dimmed the backlight to 10%, which still keeps it more than bright enough to be visible in most conditions in order to lessen the drain. Any other suggestions from experienced BB users? Thanks!
    02-25-09 08:59 PM
    set mobile network to 1xev
    gps to e911 only
    lower time to dim backlight

to name a few I've done.
    02-25-09 09:08 PM
    Normal use for me on a BES is just under 2 days. I wish it would last longer, but at the same time I try to charge mine every night, so as long as it will last through the day without draining like crazy, that's ok. Maybe they will update the OS to help with this or possibly come out with a cool battery that is the same thickness, but last twice as long. We can dream.
    02-26-09 12:00 AM
    I can get about 3 days with normal usage from my storm's battery. But to be safe, I charge my storm for at least 4 hours every night. If you think that you may need a little more battery life, you can always try the Innocell 1600 Extended Life Battery. This battery will add about 15% more capacity for the same size as the current battery in the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:19 AM
    2 days on a BES? i wish. I dont make it threw the day, but i get tons and send tons of email, use the phone all the time, (2000+ cell phone mins a month in talk time) VZ Nav, web use, I use the crap out of the phone. I fully charge the phone each night.
    02-26-09 10:26 AM
    I've gone through fully charging and fully discharging the battery a couple of times to the point where the phone literally shuts itself off because there's no more juice in the battery. I know that in the long run this should keep my battery "fresher" and able to retain it's juice a bit longer. I've also changed the backlight levels and length ect to help to get all the time I can out of the battery. I guess I was just spoiled on my last phone (5-7 days out of a charge after 2 years) and looking for a way to extend my battery life without the extended battery, but then again, who isn't? Thanks for the input so far!
    02-26-09 05:20 PM
    gps doesn't use any significant amount of battery unless you "use" it.

I get 12 hrs out of the 1600 if I am on the road.

I generally either plug in or swap batteries after dinner. But I am an abuser (LOL)...
    02-26-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD