03-03-09 01:34 PM
31 12
tools
    Ok I have run .109 for two days. First day was horrible with battery life. Only made it half the day. Today however I am still at 60% and have had the phone off charger for 15 hours with medium use. AWESOME! Anyone else having good battery life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 09:50 PM
    i had absolutely horrible battery life but then i took into my friends at the vzw shop and they did a test call and it stopped acting up for some strange reason. But now my battery life is awesome, haven't given it juice in 24 hours and still have about 70% battery, best battery efficient OS yet.
    Last edited by nickersnicker; 03-01-09 at 10:05 PM.
    03-01-09 09:58 PM
    With .109 my battery life has gotten better as well. 109 by far has been the best version for me so far
    03-01-09 10:01 PM
    Mine drains faster than it did with .83 but, it also charges up faster. I know it sounds weird but its true. Anyone else experience this?

03-01-09 10:04 PM
    Good battery life here. Used 1 1/2 bars in 10 hours and have been using the Storm quite a bit. Also, no memory leaks with mine. 5 hours ago 36.8 free, now have 38.6. Yep, it went UP! .109 FTW.
    03-01-09 10:06 PM
    4 days into my rundown test and I'm @ 35 %

03-01-09 10:14 PM
    That's great. Glad to hear that others are having good battery life. I'm loving it.

03-02-09 12:29 AM
    Ive noticed battery life really depends on a few things:

- Third Party Apps. Apps like Slacker, Viigo are "huge" battery consumers (especially when being used heavily).

- Full Charge (or partial). If you give your storm a full charge (from the low battery position which means you actually allow your storm to dump almost a complete charge) the life seems to be a bit better then just randomly charging it at certain points of the batteries life.

- Mulit-Tasking/Multiple Apps being used. This one is the death of all BB 95XX batteries. Ive noticed if im listing to Slacker and using the BB Browser while sending MMS my battery can and will go from 100% to 50% in about 2 hours if not less...

- Holster Users VS Pocket Users. Heat and your battery don't mix. Those who have there 95XX out and in the open actually report better battery life as oppose to those who store it in a pocket close to there body where the phone can get somewhat warmer then a open vented area. This is kinda of wishy washy but the truth still holds, Heat and your Battery, NO GOOD!

03-02-09 12:30 AM
    i droped down to 8 icons on home screen.
    upgraded to .109.
    and started closing out of everything i got into.
    and it seems to be working out great for the batt. and me.
    03-02-09 12:52 AM
    hmm my storm lasts about 5 hours with no use after upgrading to 109... i have not even used oit for a week cause its been so dam useless. dont really know what to do about apart from down grade.
    03-02-09 01:35 AM
    According to MeterBerry, my Storm Discharges about 3% / hr during the work week. Weekends, it's about 1%

Which is fairly accurate, having gone 36 hrs without a charge last week (but was very thankful for the car charger I never opened till that night)
    03-02-09 01:39 AM
    With .109, at first I seemed to have very bad battery life. After a day or so, I noticed the battery stays at 95-100% range for a whole day with just medium use, so it improved as others stated. I can't say I am as lucky with my memory though, as it does leak and not stop. I see some people are reporting to have gone to 50 or so memory after .109 but i stayed at the same 43. After about a day of just regular use, it easily dips to 30 or below.
    03-02-09 01:44 AM
    I have a full Battery life when i got bed.By time i wake up its dead.Any suggestions.
    03-02-09 01:51 AM
    same here, i need help, do i downgrade? for some reason it also stop on the blackberry service...
    03-02-09 01:53 AM
    No idea. As I said earlier the first day was horrible but now battery seems to las twice as long. I didn't do anything different and noticed this.

03-02-09 05:06 AM
    using .109 isn't a bad idea.
    03-02-09 05:15 AM
    I upgraded from .75, and it doesn't seem to be too different. It is generally not great. If I am using the phone much, then I barely get a day. I also use Google Maps a lot for traffic.

If I am only on the phone occasionally, it is pretty good. I need more days to get real data behind it.
    03-02-09 10:18 AM
    I have deja vu every time I see a new forum for the Storm

This one has been brought up plenty of times but here is my two cents. I feel like I have had better battery life on the .103

What has helped my battery is I deleted WeatherBug and installed the shortcut for the Weather Channel app. This one I feel is just as good as WeatherBug because all you do is enter your zip code once and it memorizes it. WeatherBug is always draining your battery but this app doesn't.
    03-02-09 10:21 AM
    All...using .109

I charge my phone thursday night, 100% battery on friday...70% battery on saturday...50% battery on sunday...30% last night (so did a recharge)...i will let the battery die out this time and i will give you an update on how long it lasts

im a heavy bberry messenger and sms user, so well c how long it lasts
    03-02-09 10:35 AM
    No problem with battery for me!
    03-02-09 11:26 AM
    Update after 5 hours...battery is at 90% with texting, sms, and emails going in and out
    03-02-09 02:21 PM
    Battery life is good most of the time but when i use VZ Navigator with GPS my battery life is horrible. Im not sure if this is VZ Navigator's fault or the phone itself. I willl say however after i reached my destination and my battery went down to one bar it lasted the entire night and even on my way back home (non gps) and that impressed me very much! I will be using my phone to watch a few movies on my next biz trip wednesday so ill see how it lasts after a 4 hr plane ride and 2 movies.
    03-02-09 03:26 PM
    So far the battery life is pretty good. I'm getting just over 2 days with it. I think the battery life on .99 was a little better though. Oh well still pretty good.

03-02-09 05:29 PM
    Battery life is not so good for me on .109, however, I do use Viigo and Navigator a lot, so that is probably the reason. I heard if you keep your phone locked that it uses less battery life... is this true?
    03-02-09 05:38 PM
    Update:

Woke up this morning, battery life is about 65%

Do not have auto off configured, and made a couple of calls and sms messages last night. Will keep you updated throughout the day
    03-03-09 09:03 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD