my battery life is terrible i doesnt last that long and goes out faster when i use the interenet...anyone else have this problem?
    11-30-08 11:11 AM
    No mine has gone a day and a half with going on line and talking on the phone and texting to. i have charged it 4 time now and it gets better every time. So charge it a few more times and see if it gets better.
    11-30-08 11:18 AM
    define terrible? You can see from my sig, that I have used a crap load of smartphones. None of them have good battery life compared to dumb phones. Traditional BB and Treos seem to be the best but still less than a non PDA phone. I assume that any smartphone I have will need to be charged each evening.

I tested last week with the following:
    90 minutes of talk
    20 SMS
    2 MMS
    60-70 minutes web browsing
    20 minutes GPS to work
    30 minutes GPS home from work
    Bluetooth on all day

Had 30 % left on the battery after 10 hours. The only phone I had below that was better was the 650. I want to reiterate, with a touch screen, video resolution, bluetooth and GPS . . it is not going to go several days like your older BBs. Not gonna happen.

I have noticed that my battery seems to get better after a few days - charge at every chance do not let it run down.
    11-30-08 11:18 AM
    Go into Options - screen/keyboard and turn your backlight down to around 30, auto dim ON and Timeout to 20secs. That made a great deal of difference to mine. Now i get a whole day if i'm lucky, lol.

Also remember to exit apps properly and not leave them running in the background all day.
    11-30-08 11:19 AM
    Go into Options - screen/keyboard and turn your backlight down to around 30, auto dim ON and Timeout to 20secs. That made a great deal of difference to mine. Now i get a whole day if i'm lucky, lol.

Also remember to exit apps properly and not leave them running in the background all day.

Also, turn off BT if not using it. Close all applications when done - do not just "back out of them" by hitting the red button.
    11-30-08 11:20 AM
    I dont have a battery issue that it that bad, I guess its just my luck at work i let a freind borrow it for a while and of course he was browsing on youtube for like 3 hours and it only killed half a bar and i tested out the talk time to at about 5 hours mine ended up dying. other then that if i used it how i normaly do it last me 2 days.
    11-30-08 11:27 AM
    Same here, mine was terrible until i did the following
    -bluetooth off
    -backlight 10%, auto dim on

Went from 6 hrs battery life to 2 days. Of course i welcome a extended life battery because i would like to keep bluetooth on all day.
    11-30-08 11:42 AM
    I always keep bluetooth off unless i'm using it and keep the screen/backlight off as much as possible.

When I first got the phone it drained to 0, i charged it to full while it was off and then let it drain down to empty again (took like 2 days). Charged it again overnight... then..

60 mins of music in the morning
    about 50 sms over teh day
    maybe 30 minutes of web browsing
    hour of talk
    40 minutes of music at the gym
    45 minutes of music on bus home
    about 60 minutes of talk throughout the day
    left it off the charger overnight
    another 60 minutes of music in the morning or so
    get to work it was about 15 minutes of idle from turning the radio off.

So... overall i was fairly impressed.
    11-30-08 11:57 AM
    Im impressed with my battery life. I do 24 hour shifts at work and i probably could have made it the whole time without charging if i wasnt on the internet for 3+ hours and the phone for 60 min. Even using it that much it lasted pretty damn long.
    11-30-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD