I've been having a nearly 10% per hour battery drain on .148 and its getting really annoying. I don't have any apps open and I only use 1 streaming music program that I use rarely plus simple weather. I'm debating wiping and reinstalling .148. Will it help with battery drain? I went right from .132 to .148 without a wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 03:37 PM
    Have you tried doing three battery pulls with a minute between each one?
    06-03-09 03:50 PM
    Wiping and reinstalling is always an option.

Other options.....take a look at post #4 here : http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ap...l-time-240925/
    06-03-09 04:16 PM
    I've done all of that above. I'm havin same issue. 10% per hour and temp is 105 degrees. Somethin is wrong

06-03-09 04:33 PM
    something is causing the temp to be high and drain the battery. Mine is under 3% an hour with use. Wipe and reinstall from scratch is a good way to eliminate the problem
    06-03-09 04:57 PM
    I don't have time to upgrade until the weekend, work calls and things, can't even afford to have the 30 minutes of update time. I'll wipe and reinstall and keep my fingers crossed. Otherwise I might consider downgrading to .132 because I had great results with that.

06-03-09 06:02 PM
    My battery drain was suddenly bad the first day on .148 but now the 2nd and 3rd day it seems to be normalizing.
    06-03-09 06:08 PM
    My battery drain was suddenly bad the first day on .148 but now the 2nd and 3rd day it seems to be normalizing.
    Exactly what happened to me

06-03-09 06:12 PM
    I went straight from .132 to .148. Did a couple of battery pulls after the update. Just updated Poynt to new version 2 hours ago and had to reboot to complete the install. Storm booted with 87% battery life, 2 hours later according to MeterBerry now at 86% battery. I can live with that. Check your OS settings for Screen Brightness and Fadeout, check your radio/network settings to make sure they haven't changed to something that is making the phone constantly search for a network signal. It doesn't sound like an App problem, sounds like an OS config you had right in .132 got changed to something you don't want.
    06-03-09 09:49 PM
    Cadzilla,

Thanks for your response but I have updated all my current settings for optimal battery. I'm at 9.8% per hour without using any streaming apps today. I just sent ONE single text message to a buddy and my battery dropped from 9% to 7%, certainly this can't be right. Should I try to get another battery from VZW, wipe and reload, or what? This is getting annoying. I'm actually about this close to downgrading back to .132.
    06-03-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD