Does anyone have problem with battery getting warm?
    Is there a software issue?
    I' m running 5.0.0.834 do I need to upgrade?
    Will some battery pulls solve the problem?
    04-19-10 10:29 AM
    Does anyone have problem with battery getting warm?
    Is there a software issue?
    I' m running 5.0.0.834 do I need to upgrade?
    Will some battery pulls solve the problem?
    Might want to ask this in the Bold 9700 forum since that's what you have listed on your profile. Also, might want to re-check your OS version, because if you are really running .834, you have an OS that's probably a month in the future

Battery pulls might help, but while in use, the phone and the battery getting warm should not be an issue. If it's hot to the touch, you might need a new battery, as the contacts might be off.
    04-19-10 10:33 AM
    Well I just bought 9520; didn't have time to change my profile.
    As for OS is
    Package Version: 5.0.0.834
    Consisting of:
    * Applications: 5.0.0.497
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.220

Now I charge my phone and wait to see if problem persists.
    It is brand new and I don't want to upgrade the software;
    as I still can return it and if there is a problem with it; get a new one
    04-19-10 11:57 AM
    Well I just bought 9520; didn't have time to change my profile.
    As for OS is
    Package Version: 5.0.0.834
    Consisting of:
    * Applications: 5.0.0.497
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.220
    You are on the latest official software (I believe) for the 9520. I would go ahead and try a few battery pulls and see if that solves it. If not, since you are still in the period for exchange, go and see if: 1) they will give you a nwe battery, or 2) go ahead and exchange the device.
    04-19-10 12:09 PM
    How warm? What are you doing when it gets warm? Is it charging? Are you talking on the phone for long periods of time? Are you streaming music?

When I have the S2 plugged into the charger in the car and streaming Pandora, its not unusual to see the battery temp reach 112-115 degrees (per MeterBerry) and the screen is very warm to the touch. It has yet to effect the performance of the phone, but remember: Heat is the enemy of the Lithium ion battery. It will shorten its lifespan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 02:51 PM
    How warm? What are you doing when it gets warm? Is it charging? Are you talking on the phone for long periods of time? Are you streaming music?
    Warmer than I'm used to with any other phone I ever owned; and definitely warmer than BOLD (that I had no problem).
    This happens when I just play with my phone looking around the menu etc..
    When I leave the phone the temperature falls and battery door becomes cold again.
    Last edited by geram; 04-20-10 at 01:51 AM.
    04-20-10 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD