so tired of this battery drain, they should put a disclaimer out that storm owners must carry a battery charger whereever they take their phone. i'm running .141/5.0 hybrid and battery drain like a champ. been off of charger for 2.5 hours with no usage for anything and i'm down to 90%. cmon already. so freakin tired of this,. i hate people saying how they get 1-2 days out of battery with normal usage. heck if i used my phone with normal usage, my battery would be dead by lunchtime.
    05-14-09 08:35 AM
    Do you have anything running in the background that you have set to update too often?
    05-14-09 08:38 AM
    mail,browser,home screen,blackberry messenger,phone,buzzme. thats it. if i recall, when i just had .132 OS running, my battery was great. i then went to the hybrid and its crap again. but the gps and radio is same as .132. so not sure why its draining so much. could it be something else in the hybrid?

also have facebook and simplewather, but that updates every 30 min. my signal is usually 3 bars so not switching sround looking for a signal which i know takes up battery.
    Last edited by Smoke N Crack; 05-14-09 at 08:50 AM.
    05-14-09 08:42 AM
    Um, i didnt touch my fully charged phone from 830 until 10am. Not one touch. My battery is down to 85%. I'm currently running the .141 Crackman Hybrid V5.

I too am SICK of these battery drains. I'm probably going to try his .132 hybrid. If i'm still having the same battery results then I will go to the regular .132, and work my way back until I get a stable battery.

I agree that it does not make sense that some people can have heavy usage on their phone and use it for 1-2 days.

FYI - I only have the normal apps running in the background that are always running the background (i.e., phone, browser, email, etc). No other apps.
    05-14-09 09:00 AM
    Smoke - Not familiar with simpleweather, but if its updating every 30 minutes along with facebook, that could be one reason. Don't know about the OS's though.
    05-14-09 09:09 AM
    Don't complain if u aren't running a official OS.. Iam and my battery os perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 09:10 AM
    same here...but a few weeks ago I had a problem with my batt holding a charge so i did a batt pull b4 charging it and it fixed that problem

Don't complain if u aren't running a official OS.. Iam and my battery os perfect

05-14-09 09:28 AM
    simpleweather runs every 30 minutes to update the takes about 5 seconds. so thats not the issue. not sure about the updated Facebook though. how does that run?
    05-14-09 09:49 AM
    try changing radio files. i noticed tremendous battery drain with 141
    05-14-09 09:55 AM
    My battery never lasts past 3pm. But I don't expect it to either.

Happiness = car charger

05-14-09 10:01 AM
    I usually close out facebook when I'm done with it. I also haven't had too many battery issues since I got the unit, so I don't really notice anything with facebook. I have my WeatherEye set to update every hour as well.
    05-14-09 10:03 AM
    How do you change how often facebook updates? My battery life has gone south since installing facebook
    05-14-09 10:03 AM
    .141 kills the battery. The best OS for the battery life is .132. So I'm going back to it!!!!
    05-14-09 10:07 AM
    .141 kills the battery. The best OS for the battery life is .132. So I'm going back to it!!!!
    I am wishing I stayed with that

I had 1 email received/sent 1 9 min phone call and 2 face book notifications in an hour and it went down 5%
    05-14-09 10:15 AM
    I am running the unmodified .132 build. My battery life is as good as it has ever been.

I haven't had one single freeze up or self-reboot. Been great.

05-14-09 10:29 AM
    i'd say stick with .132. I had the same issues. to me the .132 is the best OS that is consistant, however there are some minor issue we all encounter with all the OSs but what can you do...
    05-14-09 10:31 AM
    lyracidal changed the radio on his hybrid back to .132 because .141 sucked so bad. but didnt notice a change. straight .132 was pretty good battery life so with that being said, i may wipe my phone with jl_cmndr. and just install .132 by itself.

question though?? if i wipe, do i need to install .75 and then upgrade to .132.? or can i wipe and go straight to .132?
    05-14-09 10:51 AM
    How do you change how often facebook updates? My battery life has gone south since installing facebook
    You can't. Facebook shouldn't be the issue. The only option you can change as far as Facebook refreshing, is the option to have it periodically refresh your friend list in the background. To do this, go into FB app, press BB/Menu button, click on Options... at the bottom of the options screen you will see "Prompt before refreshing friend list periodically in the background". Make sure that box is checked. The only other thing the app does automatically is convert the email notifications from Facebook into notifications for the app. I use the Facebook app all day long and it doesn't affect my battery life in any major way.

I use my phone pretty heavily all day long-- quite a few Facebook notifications, emails, text messages, using Viigo, having TweetGenius update every 15 minutes... and on a BAD day, my battery is down to 50/60% after 16 hours or so.
    05-14-09 12:28 PM
    I never had a battery issue since day one...jumped to .113 from .75...the phone was a bazillion times better...still no battery issue.

I would take it off the cradle at 6:30am and make it all the way to midnight EVERY NIGHT.

2 weeks ago my battery went from 80% to 2% with one reboot/VSOD (i forget exactly which it was). Now the thing won't hold a charge AT ALL! By the time I get to the office at 9am Im down to the high 80s. Right now (4pm) Im at 57%.

I leave NO apps running in the background...and only have QL, MeterBerry, WeatherBug, UberTwitter, and Facebook.

Sooooooo pissed now...
    05-14-09 03:34 PM
    My battery never lasts past 3pm. But I don't expect it to either.

Happiness = car charger
    wow. sounds worse than an iPhone...
    05-14-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD