I am not sure sure happened.

I had a full charge last night at 11:00PM. Set it assided and it turned off the screen after a minute as normal.

I went to use it about an hour ago 2:00 in afternoon next day and the phone was totally dead.

Black screen.

No lights would come on.

No screen color.

No LED.

Nothing.

I tried pressing the RED power buttun. Nothing.

I tried pulling the battery and replacing it for a hard reset.

Nothing.

I tried that twice.

Then I plugged in the charger and it got the LED going but it had a picture of a battery with and X in it indicating NO battery.

I was about to give up and I pressed the back cover down again and it started to come to live and i got the white screen and it started loading and I got the box indicating it was loading.

Finally it came up after the normal 5 minutes or so but had a RED battery charging and status shows it at 5% even after 45 minutes.

Now at 60 minutes or so it is at 10%.

I have no idea why it should have discharged the whole battery as it was just idle and screen was OFF.

Anyone else have this issue?

Normally i get a full day on a charge with very heavy use for youtube video, web and ORB TV playing and the like allong with an hour or two of music play during the day.

But last night it was charged and it went to bed without any use after the charge.

I am thinking the battery is bad now. Maybe should get a new one or see if Verizon will replace it. (just the battery)

ideas?
    12-04-08 05:28 PM
    sounds like a defective battery.
    12-04-08 05:29 PM
    had the same problem last night. screen kept light up when no one was touching it i turned off the phone went to sleep woke up phone was completely dead.. went to veizon they gave me a new battery working fine so far..
    12-04-08 06:07 PM
    had the same problem last night. screen kept light up when no one was touching it i turned off the phone went to sleep woke up phone was completely dead.. went to veizon they gave me a new battery working fine so far..

did u get that battery at the verizon store? what size battery is it? i hear verizon has two different batteries for storm floating around. just wondering...
    12-04-08 06:20 PM
    did you have GPS or any other apps running?

It could be a bad battery, or it could be that you had an IM program, Viigo, and several other programs running in the background that drained your batter overnight. Its happened to me before, and it wasn't my battery.. it was user error.
    12-04-08 06:25 PM
    I had the same problem this morning.

The phone was working fine for the past 1.5 weeks. But, this morning, it never woke up from "sleep" mode. I went to a local VZW store, and they said it was probably a defective battery. Replaced with a new battery and now it's working.
    I'll see how it works after 1.5 weeks...

UPDATE: Similar problem this morning. Battery life was really low. It doesn't appear to be a battery issue anymore. I think I need to find out what applications are running in the background and draining the battery at night!
    Last edited by fhko; 12-05-08 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Update
    12-04-08 07:03 PM
    Well I let it charge for 6 hours and it did slowly take a charge and got back to 100%.

I will see what happens tonight....
    12-05-08 01:46 AM
    wow that's weird. Must be a defective battery. I have noticed that on my phone the green flashing indicator for battery charging completely doesn't light anymore. Wonder what's up. It used to do that when phone was off but it's not anymore. Weird
    12-05-08 02:22 AM
    did the phone get hot during the day?

usually when this happens, the battery gets real hot cause something is wrong with it or its being discharged at a very high C (rate)
    12-05-08 02:30 AM
    Think it did get hot. I don't remember tho. The light is flashing now but only when I completely turn off the phone. Might I have a bad battery, you think?
    12-05-08 02:35 AM
    Think it did get hot. I don't remember tho. The light is flashing now but only when I completely turn off the phone. Might I have a bad battery, you think?
    Are you sure the phone isn't in bed side mode?
    12-05-08 02:42 AM
    No its not I never use that at all
    12-05-08 02:46 AM
    could be a bad battery, but also could be a bad phone. Unforunately the only way of knowing for sure is trying a different battery.
    12-05-08 02:47 AM
    The battery never gave me problems before. The phone hasn't either besides the problems all of us face. But those are just bugs
    12-05-08 02:52 AM
    In my case something just makes it decide to drain fast. Some days it lasts all day with 80% or more left on it. Other days it drains and goes dead by 2:00 in the afternoon after an overnight full 100% charge and no apps funning in background. Very inconsistent battery usage.
    12-28-08 02:58 AM
    Happened to me 1x a week ago, but no problems since. I was thinking that when I hit the red (off) button to turn it off (it says don't touch any buttons while powering down) that perhaps it wasn't completely done shutting down when i holstered it for the night and must've drained...

I've made sure since then that the screen is completely off now after shutting down and as I mentioned I have had no problems since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 05:38 AM
    Hello everyone, first post here and first time blackberry owner.
    I bought my BB yesterday, fully charged it and played around with it all evening long, when i went to bed it had 3 bars left on the power meter, i wake up this morning and the thing is completely off and the battery is fully drained, i plugged it in and now it's charging.
    this is a big concern to me as this device is my only phone line so if the BB is off when i'm sleeping no one can reach me, i will go to the store today and see if they will gimme a new battery...
    i've read that there might be apps running in the background and suck battery life, can someone tell me how to verify that?
    thanks.

Franck
    12-28-08 06:16 AM
    bump for Franck
    12-28-08 11:51 AM
    Has happened to me before. I assume its a bug in the code that drains the battery.
    12-28-08 12:09 PM
    I have found you really need to cycle this battery when you first get it. If you didnt, recondition it. FULLY drain it, till its flashing "Battery Low", then fully charge it for 16 hours. At 16 hours is when the LBolt "should" shut off at a maximum (In my testing) Then repeat, at a minimum of two cycles.

What OS are you running .65, .75, .76, .83 or .85?

Even when my battery was bad, I leave it turned on all night long and dont have this issue. I see your new to BB's, are you new to PDA's? I come from Windows Mobile phones and they do a really BAD job of closing down apps when you think you are closing them (if you didnt hit the menu button and physically "close" the app, it was running in the back ground) I am messing with my BB and it seems to do a pretty good job at task managment. But only with a few apps. Some apps are still hogs!

Try going to options, scroll down to memory then scroll down to see your Application Free Memory. If your really low, you may have apps running in the back ground, try a soft reset before bed? Either way, you shoulndt be having those issues with your phone.

I have been reporting my battery findings to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bat...ast-me-120139/ Mainly I have been trying to find out physically what battery is the issue. Once I replaced my battery, I am no longer having issues. I would suggest seing what battery you have and swapping it out. I went from 8 hours to 30+ hours!

Good luck!
    12-28-08 12:19 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Verizon in Upstate, NY acted like it was a common problem.

Heres a shoutout to the nasty customer service at the Troy/Schenectady rd "new" verizon store. Avoid the store if u can!
    12-28-08 03:20 PM
    I just experienced the exact same thing. Was powered on in the cradle this morning. Got to work and was curious that I hadn't heard any notifications. I had to plug it in to get it to turn on and now i have the icon with the x plus a greenish flashing LED that I haven't seen before.

I was kind of assuming it was a farked battery, but I figured i'd check the forums first, just in case.
    06-02-09 10:29 AM
    Just for info... I notice my battery seems to be lasting longer during the past 2 days since the upgrade? Maybe something went wrong during the upgrade in the opposite direction..... one of my friends now has VZNav working on his phone and he is not a subscriber (since the upgrade to .148)? Talks just like mine and I'm paying 9.99/mo. cool
    06-02-09 11:44 AM
    Just for info... I notice my battery seems to be lasting longer during the past 2 days since the upgrade? Maybe something went wrong during the upgrade in the opposite direction..... one of my friends now has VZNav working on his phone and he is not a subscriber (since the upgrade to .148)? Talks just like mine and I'm paying 9.99/mo. cool
    Wait until you friend sees his bill in a couple of months and then he may be surprised.
    06-02-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD