I have had my storm 9550 for a little more than a year now and it has worked excellent. However just recently it would start restarting and go from almost a full battery to a close to dead battery. It has now got to the point where a fully charged battery will last for about thirty minutes unplugged before it turns off and won't boot up again. It is basically non mobile now and requires the charger to be plugged in to last. I was wondering if I should buy a new battery for it or if the issue is the phone itself? I also bought extenuated warranty with Bell and was wondering if they would cover the new battery?
    08-09-11 03:17 PM
    A few months ago I was having a similar problem, but my fully charged battery was lasting several hours, instead of a day and a half like it used to.

I wiped and re-installed the OS but did NOT install any of the apps. I am still in the process of installing my apps one per week to determine which one was causing the problem.

Its hard to say whether it is a battery problem or a hardware problem or a software problem. Do you have another battery to test with? Try wiping the OS and re-installing it without apps to see if it gets better. I remember someone posting that there was a way to make the BB boot into a safe mode, you might try that first. If all else fails or you are not a techy, take it into your carrier's store and see if they can help you.
    08-09-11 05:49 PM
    Thank you for the information. I was planing on trying my friends battery when I got home from my cottage and if not just going to talk to a bell rep.
    08-09-11 08:12 PM
    I had the same problem . went to verizon store almost sure they will have to give me a new phone . the guy pulled out the battery and you was able to see and feel the battery was a little deformed from charging(a little bump in the middle) . he told me that can happen to some batteries after a while . got a new battery and now the phone works like new .
    08-10-11 06:03 AM
    Alright thank you and the battery does feel a little warped!
    08-10-11 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD