My phone has been getting worse and worse by the day. First the i had horrible battery life when i was on phone calls, it would only last 30 min tops with a full battery. Then i was listening to the sirius radio app for about 15 min and my storm had a random reset. At first i said oh no problem it will be back up soon. So i waited and waited and when it finaly came back up i had a dead battery with 2% left. I was like wtf happened. I had about 80% when it reset and it came back with 2%. So then i did a battery pull to see if the phone just had a little problem with booting up. When it came back it had 22% battery but it only lasted about a min before it decided to reboot again. This time it wouldnt come back on. It was an endless reboot going again and again. The only way to stop it was to plug it in the wall and charge it up again. Last night it did the same thing when i was on the internet for only 5 min.

I tried all the different hybrids and nothing works. I dont know what to do now. Is it the battery or is it the phone?
    05-12-10 07:38 AM
    First thing I would do is see if you can find someone with a battey to fit your storm and see if it works. If you get the same thing I would back up your data and wipe the phone and reload OS.
    05-12-10 07:44 AM
    Ive wiped the OS and reloaded at least 3 times now and its still not working as it should.
    05-12-10 07:50 AM
    I guess try another battery to see if that fixes it before you buy another one. What OS are you running?

Make sure you dont have GPS turned on. Just thinking off the top of my head.....
    05-12-10 08:00 AM
    right now im running one of the hybrids, OOAKPC 679 i think? I guess ill order a battery off ebay or somthing.
    05-12-10 08:10 AM
    Or just go by Verizon store if you can and get them to let you try another battery, although i bought an extra battery and travel charger on Ebay for about 9 bucks. Not sure about that OS...maybe try downgrading and see if that fixes it.
    05-12-10 08:54 AM
    Hello Vstro24

I had this EXACT same problem not more than a few weeks ago. And I can guarantee you that it's a battery problem. Specially if the battery you have is over a year old. Blackberry batteries last only about a year, according to several posts on the forums, and it certainly was the case with my batt. If your batt is less than a year old, then by all means, run to Verizon and they'll give you a new one for free. Not the case with me, and had to buy one for 42 bucks (tax included). But the problem was definitely fixed.
    Incidentally, I also purchased a couple of batteries from ebay. Chinese batteries, which are usually knock offs. They look pretty authentic, as the decal on the battery looks exactly the same, with the exception that the one i bought in Verizon says "made in Japan" and the ones from ebay say "Made in China"

But, I decided to buy the real thing from Verizon since i read in the forums that the chinese batteries are not always the best way to go and can damage your phone. But I digress.

Back to your issue, I definitely think it's a battery issue. If you go to Verizon, they'll let you try another battery and you'll see that the problem is fixed.

Hope this helps.
    05-13-10 04:34 AM
    Started doing this to me a week and a half ago. It'll charge all night, say it's fully charged, and work fine for a short period of time. The icon and status will decrease as normal. But then it'll just die, usually when it claims to have about 85%. Sometimes it'll last a bit, sometimes it'll die almost instantly (I once unplugged it, started a phone call, and had the whole phone die after the third ring.)

It'll reboot endlessly, constantly dying during reboot, until either the battery is totally gone or I plug it in. I doubted it was a battery issue, as the phone shows full charge before this. I swapped batteries with a friend, same deal.

Storm #4 is going back now.
    05-13-10 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD