Hello all...Just wondering if I can charge my Storm 9530 if the battery is NOT fully dead or near dead...Does it lessen the battery life? With my Palm Treo I could dock it every night and it would not shorten the battery life. Is it ok to dock my Storm every night in bedside mode or will the constant charging hurt the battery life?? Thanks.
    02-23-09 01:21 AM
    They say it's better to charge it frequently rather than letting it go completely dead then charging. I charge mine everynight and have not seen a drop in battery life. There are several threads on this. Search for them and you can find more info.
    02-23-09 01:25 AM
    I am not a 100% sure, but I don't think it will hurt the battery. I don't think it has one of the batteries (with a memory) in it. I charge my curve everynight as well and have not noticed any change in the battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 01:25 AM
    Thanks to both of you...(jwizzle13 & Kangaruex)...Good info. And FAST. Thanks again.
    02-23-09 01:29 AM
    They not NiCad batteries, you'll be fine.. better then letting it discharge completely
    02-23-09 01:30 AM
    Thanks to both of you...(jwizzle13 & Kangaruex)...Good info. And FAST. Thanks again.
    No problem man, welcome to the Storm & CrackBerry!
    02-23-09 02:13 AM
    You are very welcome DonMan! Now go charge your Storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:31 AM
    I just got my Storm a few days ago and asked specifically how to deal with this issue. I was told to let it run down into the red flashing zone then leave it to charge for a straight 12 hours.

Even though it was fully charged within four hours and felt very warm after the full twelve I haven't had trouble holding my charge. I also make sure I close all apps when leaving them.
    02-23-09 02:43 AM
    I usually dont charge my phone till the battery's almost dead I've done it with all my recent phones and I've noticed the battery's life lasts longer when I do this
    02-23-09 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD