Is anybody having problems charging their phone after the upgrade? I left it so the battery would run down all the way as you should from time to time to extend the life. I understand that with the new code that the radios shut off if the battery gets to low...(anyway to turn that off). However, after i try to charge the phone it stays at 0% and the phoen acts really messed up with the alignment all off and things not working like they should. I have had it charging both with the wall and the usb for a couple of hours and its not charging.

ideas?
    05-31-09 08:53 PM
    No problems here, I went from official .75 to official .148.

05-31-09 08:59 PM
    Is anybody having problems charging their phone after the upgrade? I left it so the battery would run down all the way as you should from time to time to extend the life. I understand that with the new code that the radios shut off if the battery gets to low...(anyway to turn that off). However, after i try to charge the phone it stays at 0% and the phoen acts really messed up with the alignment all off and things not working like they should. I have had it charging both with the wall and the usb for a couple of hours and its not charging.

ideas?
    I've had mine since January and it has lately become really picky about how you plug the cord in. It's extremely obnoxious. I'm going to downgrade away from Lyricidals 5.0 beta to the regular release and take it in for replacement.
    05-31-09 09:02 PM

ideas?
    The phone will turn off (the radio) when the battery gets low no matter what OS you are running. This happens with my wifes Curve as well, so thats not an issue. I havent had charging problems at all and Ive been running .148 since it was leaked.
    Last edited by cenloe; 05-31-09 at 09:11 PM.
    05-31-09 09:07 PM
    No problems here either. I went from 75 to 141 hybrid back to official 75 and finally to 148 leaked. So far its running like a champ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:09 PM
    With todays battery technology it is not necessary to run the battery down anymore. Try pulling your battery out of the phone (battery pull) wait 30 sec and replace. Then put the phone on the wall charger, not USB
    05-31-09 09:09 PM
    i agree with the above post. I think I even read somewhere that it is actually doing adverse impact on the battery if we are doing battery run down too often.
    05-31-09 09:32 PM
    MarcST. I have tired everything you suggested. And yes it is still suggested that you drain the battery every now and then. LiOn has not changed much in the last 5 years.
    05-31-09 09:38 PM
    + Try clock > menu > options > clock > when charging > do nothing.
    05-31-09 09:39 PM
    MarcST. I have tired everything you suggested. And yes it is still suggested that you drain the battery every now and then. LiOn has not changed much in the last 5 years.
    Disagree, LiOn batteries have no "memory" effect as do older technology batteries. When you read about "conditioning" the battery, that is only to callibrate the chip in a laptop or other device that indicates battery level. LiOn batteries fail based on the number of charging cycles they go through and therefore running it down may actually shorten the batteries life span. i would take the phone into Verizon or call Support and request a new battery. Alot of posters on this forum have experienced battery problems and Verizon has been replacing them.
    Last edited by MarcSt; 05-31-09 at 09:58 PM.
    05-31-09 09:51 PM
    No problems here and I went from .75 to .148 official with no problem.
    05-31-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD