I've been charging my battery for half a day now (just got the storm yesterday) and for the last hour, it's been stuck at 90% (i looked under STATUS>BATTERY...is that right?)

Does anyone else have this problem? I searched the forums but there is no mention of a solution anywhere...i'm scared that I broke my batter!!!

01-19-09 06:40 PM
    First charge takes a while. Let it charge overnight.
    01-19-09 06:53 PM
    ok...i'll let it do that. thanks.

i'm just really scared about breaking this thing cause i've had absolutely no problems with my particular handset that i don't wanna have to return it...
    01-19-09 06:56 PM
    k it's been at 90% for almost 2 hours now...i'm worried...is there anything i should do? take it back to verizon?
    01-19-09 08:10 PM
    You should charge it 24 hours then let it fully discharge before recharging it again. The next 2 charges should be 12 hours and letting it fully discharge each time. Li-Ion batteries don't have a memory effect per say but this helps ensure that the battery reaches a true full charge potential. Calibrate your battery with a full discharge every 30 charges to help the battery�s fuel gauge remain accurate. Run the battery down to the automatic shut-off point of your BB before recharging.
    01-19-09 08:16 PM
    You should charge it 24 hours then let it fully discharge before recharging it again. The next 2 charges should be 12 hours and letting it fully discharge each time. Li-Ion batteries don't have a memory effect per say but this helps ensure that the battery reaches a true full charge potential. Calibrate your battery with a full discharge every 30 charges to help the battery�s fuel gauge remain accurate. Run the battery down to the automatic shut-off point of your BB before recharging.
    Thanks for mentioning this, I heard about doing this to maximize the battery life of all electronic devices but didn't know the specifics of it. Thanks!
    01-19-09 08:18 PM
    Thank you so much xtrasauce...so I'm guessing that this is a common occurrence during the initial charge phases?
    01-19-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD