So I took my phone off of the charger this morning at about 7:55. I sent a text and got on the subway to come to work. I am now at 85% battery.....is this normal??
    12-23-08 08:01 AM
    Not at all! I'm usually at 85 percent after 8 hours
    12-23-08 08:06 AM
    Did you have service in the subway? If you're phone is constantly trying to look for a signal, that uses up battery.
    12-23-08 08:07 AM
    isn't the phone smart enought to be in power save mode? My motorolas and LGs were....
    Should I call up Verizon and get a new battery from them?
    12-23-08 08:10 AM
    isn't the phone smart enought to be in power save mode? My motorolas and LGs were....
    Should I call up Verizon and get a new battery from them?

Smart enough for power save mode? The phone is trying to find a signal, thus it uses more power. It can be even worse if you have the GPS enabled. I can tell you that after I upgraded to the .83 OS my battery life drastically improved.

Your battery should last a little longer than what you are experiencing anyway. No harm trying a replacement battery.
    12-23-08 08:16 AM
    Also, your under menu > options > mobile network, what's your network technology set to?

By Default, I believe it's set to Global, when I changed mine to 1XEV, it saved some of my battery charge.
    12-23-08 08:23 AM
    yes, .83 really makes a difference in battery life.
    12-23-08 08:26 AM
    thanks all. I'm going to the verizon store today.....I may try to get a new Storm. Between having battery problems, camera coming on whenever it wants, and the phone freezing, I think I should get a new one. I've only had it since Sunday night.
    12-23-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD