I transfer contact from Lotus Notes and would like to batch changes those business contacts into one specific category. Instead of changing that one by one, is there any quick way that I can changes those into one group, either from the handheld or through desktop program? Thanks a lot!
    Stephen
    06-11-10 01:41 PM
    One way is to export the contacts info from Outlook into Excel, make the changes in Excel, then import the file back into Outlook. I have used that technique to change the format of phone numbers.
    06-11-10 01:55 PM
    Jeff I just tried that, because half my numbers are formatted (###) ###-####, which is how I like them, and the other half are formatted ##########, which I hate. When I imported back to Outlook, it kept losing some numbers, duplicating others. Is ther another method that you know of? Maybe within Outlook?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 07:51 PM
    I exported >1000 contacts from Outlook into Excel, reformatted the phone numbers in Excel, then reimported the contacts. I lost a few BES email addresses, because of the they are stored, but I didn't have any lost or duplicated numbers. When you say "kept," do you mean you tried it more than once?

06-11-10 08:04 PM
    Yes. When it didn't work the first time I deleted everything, reloaded the contacts from my BB then tried again. I keep getting the same results. I gave up and plan to just fix everything one by one. Yuck.

06-11-10 10:31 PM
    Is there anything common to the contacts that are being mishandled? For example, are those contacts one word name, or two word names? Do they have a company name associated with them?

06-12-10 07:04 AM
    Nope. Nothing in common at all. Some have company names, some are two names, some are one. I gave up. It stupid that two MS Office programs can't talk to each other properly.

06-12-10 08:45 AM
    Thanks, anyone has experience with Google Sync? Stephen
    06-14-10 08:26 AM
    I've recently started using Google Sync within the last week. Its been fairly reliable but I'm still wary. Last night it decided to erase all my calendar entries for no reason. Luckily I had just backed them up and was able to restore them.

06-14-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD