My old cell was a Motorola Q (not a BB) and the e-mail setup was different. I could only get and view e-mails while they were still stored on my ISP server. Once they were downloaded to my computer, they disappeared from the Q.

The Storm as a BB is different, and while e-mail is working fine for me, I'm not sure I have taken advantage of the best settings nor do I really understand how e-mail messages are bbeing handled.

I have Embarq as an ISP, so I have the Storm setup as an internet based e-mail account. When I delete e-mails from my computer, they do NOT seem to get deleted from the Storm (even after I select reconcile).

Vice versa, when I delete e-mails from the Storm, and say delete from Mailbox and Handheld, they DO get deleted from my computer.

I searched for a tutorial on this but couldn't find anything. Any help for a BB newbie here? Tx.
    Last edited by rpr; 12-31-08 at 01:31 PM.
    12-31-08 01:04 PM
    your web-based email needs to be using IMAP to have emails delete in both places
    12-31-08 01:18 PM
    your web-based email needs to be using IMAP to have emails delete in both places
    Thanks, I'll try that!
    12-31-08 01:32 PM
    OK...I return embarassed.

How do you change your web based e-mail account to IMAP. Can you even do this with an Embarq account?

When I go into the Account settings for this Embarq e-mail account, it says my incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
    01-01-09 06:45 PM
    i'm not familiar with Embarq, but it's entirely possible that they support only POP3 and no IMAP. you could contact them for confirmation. if that's the case, you're stuck reconciling the mailboxes yourself...
    01-02-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD