Be firm, but polite...

Got Storm Friday and noticed bad touchscreen (not clicking the corners) Saturday

Went to Corp VZ store where I bought it on Sunday and tech guy thought I could get it replaced quicker by calling VZ directly.

Called VZ and was told that the store would be getting Storms before they would have them (Dec. 15th) so I should go back to the store and have them put my name on one of the ones coming in.

Went back to store today and I was told that while they may get them on the 15th, he couldn't put one aside for me and I may have to wait 'till sometime later.

I spoke to the assistant manager (big woop)I said "huh? I need one replaced and I can't have one that is coming in because they are all accounted for??? I explained that I understood about things breaking or not working right - that's just life, but that I couldn't get my paid for Storm replaced until everyone else has theirs??

He spoke to manager, and now it's possible that they could get me one that may be coming in tomorrow. (lends credence to the stories about stores getting more on Tuesday).

I APOLOGIZE TO WHOMEVER MAY NOT GET A STORM ON TUESDAY (OR WHENEVER) BECAUSE OF MY REPLACEMENT
    11-24-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD