06-03-09 10:14 PM
42 12
tools
    ...because although your device or phone is full of "Chinese Crap"

It always amazes me when people say things like this. Nearly everything you have is either made in Asia or full of parts made in Asia. Look at your car or truck, clothes, computer, t.v., stereo, mP3 player, and I could go on forever and not complete the list.

You say "It's chinese crap!! I wouldn't buy it!!", yet you have a Storm or other products full of this same "crap" . Sounds like you are either a hypocrite of very uninformed.

Get over it already
    So yo think china builds quality "stuff" eh? I've bought chinese batteries before.....they SUCK. Do I know that a lot of the parts in my storm were made in china.....of course I do...*****

You want cheap from china? I have no issues with you buying it.....I'll spend a little more to get a quality product. So does that make me a hypocrite or very uninformed? Nope!!!
    04-12-09 09:23 PM
    To the original poster? Have you received your item yet? I too ordered the battery set and it has been 13 f-n days where is my stuff???
    04-28-09 10:16 PM
    Very good deal, yes made in china is Great, i spent 3 years there and it has been mentioned and is true. Made in Canada & USA, Mexico etc, is so mis-leading, each state/country has a % that must be produced in the country of production to be called "Made In" and this includes removing the "Made China" stickers. So if the storm parts are produced in china ( as i am sure they are ) sent to canada, mexico and assembled locally, for sure - Made In Canada.

China's Quality Control is not as it should be over all, all parts, circut boards have % defect rate, most aim for 5%, realistic number is 8 - 10% defect rate, does not matter how good it is. Your risk over all is 10%, 10 out of 100 units will have a hardware issue which is fatal.

Until humans are removed from the equation, this will not change. The seller is from hong kong in this auction, he only needs to make 3 -4 USD dollars per say to live a very good life in Hong Kong.

If he was to sell one per day, he would have a driver, maid, eat like a king, and massages at the snap of his fingers.

At anyrate, take a walk around your house for your most prized techno gadgets and start investigating your beloved devices, when your done, order chinese food and show your support lol.
    04-28-09 10:46 PM
    To the original poster? Have you received your item yet? I too ordered the battery set and it has been 13 f-n days where is my stuff???
    You item is shipped across 7000 miles, and it leaves by air based on priority bases. Free Shipping? 2 weeks minimal, only door to door shipping from Hong Kong is called EMS, which sub contracts its shipments, it gets carried across and turned over locally. Have no fear it will show. Also depending on your state can affect it by a few days as well
    04-28-09 10:50 PM
    So yo think china builds quality "stuff" eh? I've bought chinese batteries before.....they SUCK. Do I know that a lot of the parts in my storm were made in china.....of course I do...*****

You want cheap from china? I have no issues with you buying it.....I'll spend a little more to get a quality product. So does that make me a hypocrite or very uninformed? Nope!!!

I agree with you, China makes lots of different levels or quality. For people just like you see in everyday life.... Some want a battery for 5.00 for there phone, China makes it, some want a battery for 10.00 China makes that one too, Some want a battery that will last 2 years, and it costs 20.00 China produces it as well. China is focused on the money and create and produce for the demand. You are so very right.

Let me break it down so it is easy to understand.

D&G Wallet - China
    - Version One Vinyl Cost 1.50
    - Version Two Thick Vinyl Cost 2.25
    - Version Three, Thin Leather Cost 3.50
    - Version Four, Med Quality Leather Cost 4.50
    - Version Five, Thick Leather, Stainless Steel Closers etc, Cost 6.00

China wants to sell the Vinyl Version 1 for $40.00 USD , they will also sell the Thick Leather One as well, for $40.00 USD but your not getting offered that one first.

Now should you push for a lower price ( as we all do ) your going to barter on Version 1, unless you have been educated.

In North America, we know we all want Version 5, but we want it for Version 1's cost, china does not work for free, So the cost on version five will go up because we demand the quality before price.

You are so right, in north america you can not get version 5 for 10.00, in china you can. If your educated. Is the seller selling Version 1 or Version 5? Will the batteries last 1 year or 2 months. No idea, one trip to china for even 3 days will shock you beyond belief. Storm Batteries you can pick just like the D&G wallet. Junk or Quality - Same Price, Junk will be sold first, i love china. I was born in Calgary Alberta Canada, and i love how they do business.

Once again, your right. Education will make the difference. Storm Parts China? For Sure. Version 5? Most Likely. ( Pearl on that note i think falls at version 3) take it apart and see why lol.
    04-28-09 11:00 PM
    Where exactly does the laynard attach on the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sorry was cruising through here and dont own a storm, but love your avatar "sid my legs will never look like barbies legs"
    04-28-09 11:08 PM
    i bought a 4 gb flash drive from one of those chinese stores and its held up well i watch all my movies on the 360 with it no problem so i might give this a try. $20 seems like worth the risk
    I bought 2 microSD cards from a Chinese seller once. The auction description stated that they were original SanDisk products.
    I received a padded envelope containing 2 microSD cards without any packaging at all. Both cards even had the same serial number etched on them.
    The seller insisted till the end that they were genuine. I contacted SanDisk, sent them pictures and the one serial number I had. SanDisk confirmed that they were counterfeit products and, of course, they would not warranty them.
    I forwarded all this information to the seller looking for a refund. Seller refused a refund, still sticking to his story that they were genuine. I finally got my money back by filing a paypal dispute. I forwarded all this to ebay, which did absolutely nothing.

to the OP:
    I dont think you're going to receive batteries that are wearing the OEM RIM sticker.
    I'd be weary about putting in really cheap batteries in my phone. I really wouldnt care if it were some sort of accessory (holster, case blah blah blah) but this is what gives your phone life.
    Electricity, heat, little bit of gassing... better hope the safety measures in the battery were QC'd very well.
    Good luck with your buy
    04-29-09 12:58 AM
    ...because although your device or phone is full of "Chinese Crap"

It always amazes me when people say things like this. Nearly everything you have is either made in Asia or full of parts made in Asia. Look at your car or truck, clothes, computer, t.v., stereo, mP3 player, and I could go on forever and not complete the list.

You say "It's chinese crap!! I wouldn't buy it!!", yet you have a Storm or other products full of this same "crap" . Sounds like you are either a hypocrite of very uninformed.

Get over it already
    No you get over it! Step back and think about how much low grade and actually harmful
    products have come from china in the past 5 years. I mean they were painting childrens toys with lead paint up until a couple years ago. No regulation=crap!

04-29-09 03:30 AM
    ok ok ok. I received the batteries and charger, At first look everything seems gravy. The batteries were even dated 3-09. Charger is neat, puts out 4.2 volts at 350 Mah to the battery, nice slow charge makes battery discharge slower, cool. the usb port on charger is rated at 5.2 volts at 800 Mah pretty much standard usb power. Can charge extra battery and phone at same time, or any usb powered rechargeable device. Love the charger!! The neck straps are useless with the storm but they are good quality and strong, tried a little to break one and it held, dont know what id use it for but i got 2!

Second look, would have to say that the batteries are knock-offs. They look identical except the font size of the printing on the back is just a little off, and the main kicker is the weight. I gram scaled the batteries, factory battery 28.6 grams and cheapy cheapy battery weighs 27.1 grams.

They did include an extra neck strap and a free cleaning cloth. The screen protector seems very high quality though. Will charge a battery and see how long it holds up. Then I shall let u all know. Installed 1 in the phone it is showing 80% charge out of box. The usb cable had a little extra glue on the port side i had to scrape out of it before i could use it. Nothing major just a quick scrape with a pocket knife.

All in all so far im pleased with my purchase.
    04-30-09 10:51 AM
    Its that "Chinese crap" that is the reason they are surpassing America in productivity......keep your eyes open old man, or the world might pass you by.
    That's not the reason....
    It's becuase we're fapping on this forum instead of being productive at work..
    04-30-09 11:13 AM
    After a few weeks of playing with the batteries: Ok for 20 bucks, good backup but would be lousy replacement. They hold about 65% of an oem charge. A little longer if you use the charger that comes with the batteries. (Takes all day to charge). Only takes an hour to charge with the RIM charger. The charger is really nice to have though cause you can charge the phone via usb and the extra battery at the same time.

Might be "chinese crap" as you say, but to me the money i saved is going to feed me well at the "Grand China Buffet"!!!! all u can eat. 8.99. **** yeah.
    06-03-09 04:50 PM
    I have never had any probs with cheap cell phone stuff. Bought a car charger home charger case and a fm transimitter for 9.95 on amazon with no problems

06-03-09 05:05 PM
    I've had my MIC Storm battery for 5 months and no longer even know which is which. Cheap car charger also works fine but wall charger gave me problems.

06-03-09 05:11 PM
    Good price. That's a deal. You can have confidence the seller have a good feedback score.
    06-03-09 07:17 PM
    It's chinese crap!! I wouldn't buy it!!
    Where do you think the battery that came with you phone was made along with everything else you buy LOL.
    06-03-09 08:07 PM
    I bought this exact setup from Ebay. The charger is great and the batteries last longer than the original!

06-03-09 08:21 PM
    Interesting discussion. Yes it's true, many quality products do come from China, and the labor is cheap, which is why so many American companies out source their manufacturing there.

The flip side of this, however, is that there is a huge black market over there, selling counterfeited products as genuine, low quality for premium costs. This is the "Chinese crap" some of the posters are referring to.
    06-03-09 10:14 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD